Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   One of my Labs has cancer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131562-one-my-labs-has-cancer.html)

el indio 07-02-2006 02:27 PM

Re: One of my Labs has cancer

Sorry to hear.being a pet lover this rips my heart out.....................Marcus,Lucy and m.m...........

mopower 07-02-2006 02:43 PM

Sorry for your loss :(
I'd say pets are like family , but in lots of cases they're better than family.Been there , done that , and feel your pain :(

fountain525sc 07-02-2006 03:31 PM

I am very saddened to hear this. My best buddy just died last week from cancer. It was the same thing. Seemed healthy, then started coughing, went to the vet and found out he had cancer. He lasted just over a month. It was terrible to see him suffer. I am really sorry for you! They are family.

Magicfloat 07-02-2006 03:32 PM

I've read" Marley and Me" about 12 times. Read it yesterday again after we buried Sadie. You are right,it helps,John Grogan has a gift. Taking a copy to my vet's wife tomorrow,she knew about the book but was afraid to read it cause she loves dogs so much. I explained to her how the book puts it all into perspective. Anyone that loves their dog,this is a must read.#1 on best seller list for the last 35 weeks. Think about your best dog friend as you read it. Robert

Downtown42 07-04-2006 01:01 PM

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Take care. I'm sure you gave the dog a great life. :doggy:

R Addiction 07-04-2006 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
I've read" Marley and Me" about 12 times. Read it yesterday again after we buried Sadie. You are right,it helps,John Grogan has a gift. Taking a copy to my vet's wife tomorrow,she knew about the book but was afraid to read it cause she loves dogs so much. I explained to her how the book puts it all into perspective. Anyone that loves their dog,this is a must read.#1 on best seller list for the last 35 weeks. Think about your best dog friend as you read it. Robert

The author lives within an hour of our home. I'm within 20 pages of finishing it.....getting hard to turn the page :(

ericaull 07-04-2006 03:28 PM

Magicfloat, Sorry about Sadie............ERIC

Magicfloat 07-04-2006 03:47 PM

Karen and I are at peace with this,pretty much.One of our other female labs,Pepples,is not, seems to be grieving badly.pacing around looking out the doors for her buddy. I brought Sadie's collar home from the vet Monday,she sniffed it and knew,I guess.Guess we never realized how dogs can bond with each other. Took a pontoon ride today with 2 of my buddies,wasn't the same,it's usually 3. Thank for the kind words.Robert and Karen