If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where to live?

44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Austin, TX

17 38.64%
  • Raleigh, NC

1 2.27%
  • Other, please specify

26 59.09%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina

Re: Where to live & boat???

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana
    What city then? Jacksonville?? How large is the lake? Do you know if taxes are the same as s. FL? Thanks

No Lake, try the St. Johns River.

Take it south, or go east to the ocean or the ICW.

My Boats:
    not shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas
    here is my house for sale crappy pics,
    I was wondering what area of sunny Cali that house was located in. Glad I read this thread, only draw back I do not want to live in California......

I'm currently looking in Incline Village Nevada. I ski and Lake Tahoe, plus close prox. to Southern California (99% of my business is in the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by AZOUTLAW

Paradise Valley – Trophy homes, 2M teardowns to build 12M+ trophy homes popular with pro athletes, movie stars and the like.
    My parents bought a vacation house their in the late eighties when real estate was very in-expensive. My second choice for area's to live.

My Boats:
    2000 VELOCITY 260
    Green Cove Springs, FL

Dock Holiday is right there is a lot of boating on the St. Johns. We are south of Jacksonville in an area called Flemming Island, it is a little north of Green Cove Springs. Taxes are about 20 to 25% lower and both home and car insurance are substantially lower.

My Boats:
    Phoenix, Havasu, Newport

If hubby builds custom homes then AZ is a good place, you would make a grip and live in a state with 2 of the greatest lakes in the world, Lake Powell and Lake Havasu.

Platinum Member Platinum Member CAP071's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCPERF
    How about York PA

I heard they have nice boats there
    “It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.”

West Palm Beach is ridiclous...move to the West Coast....over near Ft Myers or Cape Coral....real estate is going down
    Also on the West Coast you boat alot more than the East Coast. The gulf water is much more calmer

My Boats:
    was a 89" Formula 311-SR1
    In the Mountains

When my ex and I sold our home on the water (canal, five minutes from Gulf) in Nokomis, our flood insurance had gone to almost 4K, wind to almost 2,700, and home owners up to 1,600. Plus property taxes going up every friggin year, the school board (no kids), the hospital, the list goes on.

I am seriously considering getting out of this particular area too. It's just to damned expensive.

Where I live most of us are on wells. The County promised us water by 1998. Well they've fumbled around so badly that now they don't even have all the Right of Ways secured. The original price to hook up was to be 2,600, now it's estimated it'll be at least 11K.

It just keeps getting worse. A class action lawsuit is being formed against the county for screwing the water issue up so badly. It's pathetic.

California Delta, definetely Florida (born and raised there) and Lake Havasu, AZ (the whole CO River in general for that matter)

California is very nice to live but expensive!! My tax rate is 1.85% I pay over $10K a yr in property taxes. The "normal" tax rate is 1.25%, but since the state is reporting it is broke, taxes are alot higher for new homes....some are over 2% taxes!!!!

I have been seriously considering moving sometime where living expenses are much cheaper. My soon-to-be brother-inlaw is moving to Austin, TX. He says is gorgeous out there. I might have to go visit and check it out.

Who Me? Platinum Member FeverMike's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2006 38TE Fountain

I live in the Tampa area and love it here but I also like the Ft. Myers/Naples area for boating and the Palm Coast of Florida around Jupiter. These towns are big enough for shopping and eating out but not to congested.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast