Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hudson/Clearwater area. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131598-hudson-clearwater-area.html)

Downtown42 06-03-2006 12:53 PM

Re: Hudson/Clearwater area.

Originally Posted by florida gator
I spend more time around Anclote and the Sandbar north of it.

Brings back good memories. Met my wife in Hudson, lived there for 4yrs. Anclote Mental Institution is private and I had a 2nd job there for 2-3 months. Wore the white coats third shift.

First night on job they wouldn't let me out at 8am. I explained I just started at midnight and did not receive my picture badge yet. I had to wait 1 hr till the human resources gal showed up at 9am :eek:

I had some lots in Moon Lake finally sold them to the neighbor next door. Rough area.

cuda 06-03-2006 01:37 PM

Three Rooker is just south of Anclote. I used to fish there a lot.

florida gator 06-03-2006 07:47 PM

Is it the first island, pretty small, imediately south of Anclote?

Zero Patience 06-03-2006 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That was the Crystal River Group. 2 Cigarettes(38&35), 2 Concepts(36&23), a 30 Scarab and a 30 Baja. What a great weekend trip.

Downtown42 06-04-2006 01:52 PM

What's with all the biminis, is it hot down there :evilb:

Zero Patience 06-04-2006 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It is already hot. Plus on a three day trip the sunburn can add up. On the Cigs, we use Anchor Shades. The Concepts have T Tops or Arches with tops.

docmanrich37 06-12-2006 06:54 AM

Sea grass suxs.installing strainers this week if it stops raining.should be at the sand bar this weekend and shepards too.hope to meet up with some locals for a tasty beverage.

florida gator 06-12-2006 08:28 PM

Which Sand Bar? I will be in St Pete from Thurs - Sat. Not sure how far north I will make it. I spend allot more time Clearwater to Hudson so I will probably stay from Johns Pass - south.

Sydwayz 06-12-2006 09:47 PM

I will be down this Friday afternoon for the weekend. I can't wait to do some Gulf Coast boating. See you in a few days!

docmanrich37 06-13-2006 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by florida gator
Which Sand Bar? I will be in St Pete from Thurs - Sat. Not sure how far north I will make it. I spend allot more time Clearwater to Hudson so I will probably stay from Johns Pass - south.

Hopefully we'll be able to run this weekend and come down there to have a few tasty beverages.Not sure what the island/sandbar is called but will find out.We might go to Sheppards on sat.