Notices

Boat Transportation

Old 06-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat Transportation

I really think this comes down to a 30K used Baja and a 1000K Skater are two different markets for hauling, we can at least agree on that.

Anyway, to end, sorry to offend anybody, that wasn't my intent, just trying to help another OSO member out.

Chris

Last edited by chrisf; 06-02-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I have a local guy that hauls for me,on long hauls and when my guy is tied up,I use Jeff.He and Jeff charge the same amount. I have other guys that want to haul for less but here is why I pay more. My local guy,like Jeff,is a boater. Most of our sales involve more than just drop the boat and go home. On our last delivery Andy had to launch the boat,take the buyer out,show him how to trim the drives in the turns,how to run the genset,a/c,even how to dock a twin engine boat. On the delivery before that the buyer wasn't sure how he wanted the boat propped,for acceleration or top end,so we sent an extra prop and Andy tried them both and made the customer happy.Andy (and Jeff) may charge more but it is worth it to me and gives me peace of mind,knowing they have the ability to make the new owner happy. Not knocking the other haulers at all,I'm sure they make things work also,I just feel more comfortable with a boat guy.Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned

Rob used to be in the car carrier business> i gave a company out of pencacola florida 3 ecplorers from los angesl to houston. the truck crashed in covina and killed three people, I am still being sued 6 years later even though I did not own the truck or cars on it. they sued peterbuilt the trailer mfg and engine mfg and everyone elso they could think of. her 750 is ok but if she kills someone no amount of insurance is enough.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
Rob used to be in the car carrier business> i gave a company out of pencacola florida 3 ecplorers from los angesl to houston. the truck crashed in covina and killed three people, I am still being sued 6 years later even though I did not own the truck or cars on it. they sued peterbuilt the trailer mfg and engine mfg and everyone elso they could think of. her 750 is ok but if she kills someone no amount of insurance is enough.
You know what Jeff, our diasagreements aside, that really sucks to be in that situation. We have all been through hassels that were not our responsibility, not fun, and keeps you up at night.

Sorry to hear about that.

Lets bring on tort reform.

Chris
Old 06-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Banned

Lets just execute all attorney's. Except for DHLAW. we can keep him around so Lucky Strike has someone to race against

Last edited by bgchuby01; 06-02-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last night my driver found out how the $1.25 per mile guys keep running. He walked out to the truck to find another hauler with a battery operated pump going into our fuel tank and into his...
Hmmm. funny how this goes along with this thread.

The guy should get out of the hospital next week.
They didnt get a drop... and my prices stay the same.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would like to add that I used Jeff on a haul from Floriday to NY. He did exactly what he said he would. He picked up the boat on a Monday and was in the NY area Wednesday. I paid $2.00/mile. He quoted me before a huge gas price increase and held the price per the quote. He was very professional and you can contact him the whole way. He even stopped in Jersey for me and topped of the tanks! I wouldnt hesitate to use him again.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
Last night my driver found out how the $1.25 per mile guys keep running. He walked out to the truck to find another hauler with a battery operated pump going into our fuel tank and into his...
Hmmm. funny how this goes along with this thread.

The guy should get out of the hospital next week.
They didnt get a drop... and my prices stay the same.
This sure as hell might be the new way. My boat storage facility was broken into 2 weeks ago on Sunday night. Boats -fine, electronics, nothing gone, what did they take?

Fuel, unloaded from about 25 boats. That must have been 2 -4000 gallons worth. I said to the storage lacky, nobody saw a friggin gas truck just hanging out all night? I mean the USCG is literally 2 doors down. He laughed.

My boat was in a different lot at the time, but got lucky. The storage guy said this is a sign of things to come, sort of like Mad max.

Chris