Notices

Cat vs V AGAIN

Old 06-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cat vs V AGAIN

36 Nor-tech 525's VS 37 OL GTX 575's vs DRAGON 525's
which is the best?

So my dad and I are at shirttail charlies for lunch today and the Cat vs V discusion came back up. He likes V's, I like cats. Techincally its his boat so he can and will do what he wants, but values my opinion, and I value that of the boards. We currently have a 36 Nor-tech, but cant find anywhere to store it, and our townhouse association turned down our proposal to put a lift in at our dock (which we own).
so i mentioned the 38 ZR miami vice boat, but after owning a sit down, would like to get another sit down. so then we're thinking about an OL or Dragon or ??? the only OL in our price/size range would be a 37 GTX http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/7/84242117.htm this one happens to be a former National Marine boat (was actually my desktop image before we got the NT)
or there is this Dragon
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8272.html
I think this is the first one, was there any issues with it? Our NT is from Fastboats.com also so they woudl probably give us the best trade.
and for future possibilities if we upgrade power/drives, how do these run with arnesons, since they are both slower then the NT. feel free to email me with any comments on either boat or in general.

thanks for the advice
-Rick
PS I love the NT, this is all just hypothetical at this point.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Cat vs V AGAIN

1 Nor Tech
2 Dragon
3 37 gtx
just my 02ct.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as far as performance goes, i can proove to you u can make a brick go fast as long as u got enuf power personally i think the dragon is the best lookin boat out there. id really like to see one in all red too also, uve prob already thought of it, but the fountain 42 pr with the wild red/yellow paint scheme i thnk is in the classifieds.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 375stinger
as far as performance goes, i can proove to you u can make a brick go fast as long as u got enuf power personally i think the dragon is the best lookin boat out there. id really like to see one in all red too also, uve prob already thought of it, but the fountain 42 pr with the wild red/yellow paint scheme i thnk is in the classifieds.
that boat is nice, buts its priced a little high, only 4 seats and no cabin.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

I was at fastboats.com today and looked around the shop for probably an hour. I got to climb all over a 3600 and I'm very impressed. I'd really like to go for a ride in one. The Dragon is there too, it's very sweet and Craig knows them up/down/left/right. He says they like the rough water much better than calm water. The OL is nice but I'd personally buy a Gladiator over a 37 GTX.

Rick, if you have a trailer why don't you store it at Hideaway. They have a second location.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There is no best. You have to really ask yourself what do YOU want in a boat? Do you want speed, confort, ride, etc........

I think they are all nice boats. For the V-bottom, it would be the OL. It has a small cabin for storage where the Cig Gladiator has nothing. I really like the look of the Gladiator, but when I realised it didn't do anything else I wanted (except go fast) I just couldn't come to buy one.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
I was at fastboats.com today and looked around the shop for probably an hour. I got to climb all over a 3600 and I'm very impressed. I'd really like to go for a ride in one. The Dragon is there too, it's very sweet and Craig knows them up/down/left/right. He says they like the rough water much better than calm water. The OL is nice but I'd personally buy a Gladiator over a 37 GTX.

Rick, if you have a trailer why don't you store it at Hideaway. They have a second location.
thanks for the replys keep em coming.

trailering it is a PITA, street signs are not your friend when towing 10'9" beam. hideaway in pompano is also an hour boat ride from me. where is there second location? plus with someone else trailering it im subject to their schedule, and need "advanced notice" so i end up letting it sit inthe water behind our place for a few days to a week and the bottom gets all yellow and it takes hours of scrubing to clean it. Ron from Fastboats drops it for me if i need it.

THought about the gladiator, but no cabin (although an option on thenew one) and no cockpit room. dont feel like climbing over seats constantly.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

1. Keep the NT and get a new condo.
2. OL, but interior could be very hot.
3. Dragon, but looks like it would feel like driving in a car.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr

I agree. Was wondering when the Gladiator was gonna get mentioned.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Registered

You've got a townhouse in Florida on the water and you can't have a boat lift??

I'd be looking for a new townhouse rather than a new boat...

Quick Reply: Cat vs V AGAIN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.