Notices

What would you do ?

Old 06-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry What would you do ?

Pulled my engines last fall to rebuild the trans's..and paint the bilge...gave the trannys to a good Merc Mech. that said he could do the job....well I painted the bilge..added full hydraulis steering..ect...reinstalled the engines..or one engine..had to wait 4hrs for the mech to finish assembling the 2nd trans..them put the port motor back in ..fired them...starb. shifted fine..Port..hand nothing..after thaking to Marc @Bam... pulled the port motor and found the pump cover "clocked wrong"... Splashed and ran for a while..ran good but trans pressure was low..100 psi.. 40lb @idle no reverse.. The merc mech checked the regulator valves...tightened spring pressure...tested again..press. was 190 cold then droped to 140 hot... 40 @idle...Mech tried linkage adjust.. no help...pulled the motors AGAIN yesterday...trans's going to trans shop...frustrating is I didn't have a shifting issue orig..and the Mech had the units all winter...now its summer and ..I'm down...
Old 06-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What would you do ?

I feel your pain brother! What a gut wrenching feeling. I was down about 5 years ago and had my drives done. When I got them back one broke the first day. I don't know what to tell you. BAM rebuilt my tranies and they work well. I don't know the turn around time. I don't think it was that long.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give Galen a call at Speedmasters.
http://speedmasters-inc.com/
Old 06-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I found a good place in Medina..Fantistic Finish Marine..he worked for Great Lakes power...still trains their techs...opened one trans while I was there...should be done Thurs/Fri... ..Frank your luck better not be contagious....LOL...