Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!!   First run, FLAWLESS!!! >

NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!! First run, FLAWLESS!!!

Notices

NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!! First run, FLAWLESS!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!! First run, FLAWLESS!!!

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
I left you a message, we came in Boca Inlet at 1PM and you weren't there. The weather started to get crappy so we ran back home. How come you didn't fill it up on land? You can get 93 by our house. Looks good!
Ill have to scout out a Gas Station that I can pull a 73 foot long truck and trailer combo in. Sorry about that, And yes we were so far north, we went out the palm beach inlet and came back in through the boynton inlet (scariest inlet down here and the boat was PERFECT through there) You guys get wet? We all got soaked out the ying yang, Julie was smart, climbed in the cabin and laid down nice and dry. (COuld never say that about the old boat, lay down while we are running 60 in the ICW (shhhh dont tell the cops))

NExt time, Ill get fuel on land so this does not happen but I might take it down to the Boca Airport and put AV gas in it. Should run alot better then anyway and its cheaper to get AV gas than High Test on land, They buy fuel in bulk and like oil for heating a house, its predetermined. Have to see what their rate is and maybe Ill just jump down there and fill up and come back up for Linton is right there. Might be the way to go and im sure the boat will not have an issue with 100 octane!
J
Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!! First run, FLAWLESS!!!

Glad all went well for the maiden voyage Jay! That's a sweet rig you got there! How much fuel did you burn?

Kurt
Old 06-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Glad all went well for the maiden voyage Jay! That's a sweet rig you got there! How much fuel did you burn?

Kurt
About 60 or so gallons!
Kurt, This is the $HIT!!!! Knowing the EXACT boat I used to have and having just about the same boat I have now, You on here are the only one I know that realizes the HUGE HUGE HUGE difference between the boats. This is very sensitive to Trim, Plane angle, everything the other boat was not. I could not even trim my other boat, the prop bite was so extreme that if I just bumped the drives up it would porpoise all over the GD place. Tabs Those Bennetts, Completely useless on my old boat. Horrible.
Ike, My offshore mentor, You were 100% correct, Once you go indian, There is nothing else you could ever want.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im going to go out an on a limb and say you like the boat?..

ITs just a guess....
Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Registered

Thats an understatement. If my old boat ran 1/4 as good as this did in the ocean I would probably still have it.
Funny a few of the people at the resturant knew what it was, Some older gent said "Oh Wow, have not seen an Apache in a LONG time" Yeah thats right bubba! Still solid as a Rock too! Ill just Whew, Have to get used to all these people staring and oogling and eye humping my boat now!

WOOHOO I OWN A 41 APACHE!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

What kind of drives?That is sweet.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

NICE boat! Congratulations!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

3a's
Old 06-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Registered

Jay,
Very nice!!!! Congratulations
Dan
Old 06-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's cool Jay, you waited a long time. Congrats!

Quick Reply: NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!! First run, FLAWLESS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.