Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Happy Birthday Brownie (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131928-happy-birthday-brownie.html)

lucy 06-05-2006 01:46 PM

Re: Happy Birthday Brownie

Have a great Day!!! MM & Lucy :p

clearcut3 06-05-2006 03:26 PM

Happy B-day

Top Banana 06-05-2006 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another photo from the archives......Once again our man is there, second in from the right. Peter Rittmaster, center, was the driver for the race

In the early days, guys like Brownie not only built these race boats, they engineered them and then crewed them.

He was on a lot of winning boats......but, the records only show the name of the designated driver for the race....I bet it would be interesting to see how many wins he has in total as both driver and crew.

SteveDavid 06-05-2006 04:52 PM

Brownie,

Happy 158th. birthday! :p

Steve

fountain1fan 06-05-2006 05:23 PM

what steve said happy b day . :D :D :D :D :D :D :drink: :drink:

BROWNIE 06-06-2006 07:32 AM

When I was APBA VP and Chairman of the Offshore Commission, the Commission voted to wish me a Happy Birthday. It passed 7 to 6 with one abstaining...... The guy in the first pic is my pal, Don Wilson, who was killed a month later in his Unlimited Hydro on Black Sunday, in Washington, DC, along with Ron Musson and another guy. In the second pic, Peter, who was Prez of Bertram, navigated. I drove. At the finish, after 255 miles around Long Island, we slowed down to conserve our HWHRSO Holman Moody powered 28' Donzi 'Li'l Broad Jumper'. Aronow in 'Big Bad Donzi', a 35' Donzi which became a Magnum cought up, and we ran with him for a few miles. Using hand signals, Don and I agreed that we would finish together, with me slightly in front. Right at the finish line, Peter noticed that Aronow had been slowly reducing RPM steadily. We were running nose to nose, and at the last instant, Don slammed the throttles and so did we. We out-dragged him and won by 9 feet!

Doller Offshore 06-06-2006 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
Brownie,

Happy 158th. birthday! :p

Steve

I didn't know you guys were the same age!...
Anyway, Happy Birthday Brownie, and many more!

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 06-06-2006 07:45 AM

Happy B day Brownie :) :drink: :drink: :drink: Jamie / Lakeside

SteveDavid 06-06-2006 08:11 AM

Mindi,

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

cougar46 06-06-2006 08:30 AM

Have a good one Brownie from all at Cougar