Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Living and Boating in Merrit Island/indian river (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131970-living-boating-merrit-island-indian-river.html)

LostinBoston 06-08-2006 02:45 PM

Re: Living and Boating in Merrit Island/indian river

Dean Ferry 06-08-2006 02:57 PM

LB,
Just sent you an email.
Dean

wayne272 06-08-2006 06:28 PM

I have a corner lot for sale on North Merritt Island, just north of the Barge Canal. The lot is .62 acre and would need some fill to build,but it is cleared.

kswest 06-08-2006 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by wayne272
I have a corner lot for sale on North Merritt Island, just north of the Barge Canal. The lot is .62 acre and would need some fill to build,but it is cleared.

banana river side or indian river side? How much?

White Knuckles 06-09-2006 10:32 AM

I also live in South Brevard county in Bayside Lakes near Palm Bay. If you drive 30 minutes south, there is the Sebastion Inlet with a Florida state park. The water is much nicer and blue there in the ocean as it is more murky closer to Cape Canaveral. The only two inlets are Cape Canaveral and Sebastian within a short drive. It seems that the water gets clearer the further that you drive south. Daytona is an hour North but the water is murky there also.

There are several islands in the river near Melbourne that people hang out on also, but there are really no bars or restaurants for lounging.

Dean Ferry 06-09-2006 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 94Scarab29
I also live in South Brevard county in Bayside Lakes near Palm Bay. If you drive 30 minutes south, there is the Sebastion Inlet with a Florida state park. The water is much nicer and blue there in the ocean as it is more murky closer to Cape Canaveral. The only two inlets are Cape Canaveral and Sebastian within a short drive. It seems that the water gets clearer the further that you drive south. Daytona is an hour North but the water is murky there also.

There are several islands in the river near Melbourne that people hang out on also, but there are really no bars or restaurants for lounging.

Do you know "Bruce" with the 27' Baja, that's named "Not Big Enuff"? Do you ever boat up in the Indian or Banana rivers? Maybe , we can hook-up some time and do some boating. I believe the CFFW Poker Run is next weekend. Go to www.cffw.org and see for yourself.

Tell us more about your boat? :D
Thanks,
Dean

White Knuckles 06-09-2006 11:54 AM

I would love to hook up and go boating as I do not know many people in this area. I moved up from the West Palm area, and I hung out around Peanut Island.

I have not met Bruce....yet.

I have a 1994 Scarab with a new 540 Merc Bulldog with Eagle Racing pistons, shortened rocker arms, and it is stroked. The name on the boat is"O Boy" I had it up for sale, but I decided that I want to keep it instead(The wife was pressuring me to sell it).

Let's go boating!!

Tom
321-728-8143

Here is the link.

http://powerboatlistings.com/view/2665

Dean Ferry 06-09-2006 02:32 PM

Tom,
sounds cool, i'll give you a call this weekend, look forward to boating with you.
Dean

Poorsche 06-09-2006 07:15 PM

Was looking at the Poker Run webpage--where is Ski Island?

I'm familiar with the Sunset but Ski Isalnd throws me a curve.

wayne272 06-09-2006 08:01 PM

kswest,
The lot is on the Indian River side,west of Courtney Pkwy.
(rte. 3).Looking to get 130k for the lot.