Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   West Michigan Roll Call (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132128-west-michigan-roll-call.html)

Car Biz 06-09-2006 10:23 AM

Re: West Michigan Roll Call

1 Attachment(s)
I think sun. my wife and i will be out in grand haven look for a bright red formula

JB4Boyne 06-09-2006 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by dyno
JB I think everyone is slacking....cool spring,gas through the roof,the economy stinks....all adds up after a while...oh yea new babies too! :D

It use to be that if your wern't waiting in line Thur. morning at the Boyne City Marina you wouldn't get a slip for the weekend but this year they havn't filled once.

dyno 06-09-2006 10:59 AM

what aboutt Charlivoix??I've never been able to get a slip.. :mad:

KAAMA 06-09-2006 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Believe me, I am ready to go for a boat ride---just want it to be a nice day, and calm water conditions so I can anchor in the sandy shallows and close by the beach---something like this...

Magic Medicine 06-09-2006 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by noboat
Thanks! If you ever make it up to Torch or Grand Traverse Bay let me know! I don't think I'll be going back to Hardy until Hot Boat Weekend.

My finance have vacation time alotted to come up this summer. I think we will be up sometime in August, I don't care who much gas cost, you can't put a price on fun.

Magic Medicine 06-09-2006 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dyno
JB I think everyone is slacking....cool spring,gas through the roof,the economy stinks....all adds up after a while...oh yea new babies too! :D

Dyno,

My son is 2 months old and I plan to have him on the Check in August. I want his neck to get stronger. Here is a pic of the little rascal. Good luck with the new one.

MitchStellin 06-09-2006 09:11 PM

KAAMA>>hows it goin Mark, in front of the first sand dune, and the biggest, S of the pier it is waist deep up to 10ft from shore. I checked up and down and it is the deepest spot. It is great, you could make it in but I would get to chest deep and walk it in. The lake has been really calm this year, this weekend they say 3-5s from the N so it may be exciting, I leave the dogs home on these days :D I have 11 hours now, I am shooting for 100, all on less than 20 gallons and I run it near wide open all the time, that's what egg beaters want anyway. I'll be looking for you and anyone else, just look for a RIB with a black and yellow lab, gray in color Zodiac, 20ft long. We should plan a run to GH and Hanky Panky, I can sneak to all the good topless spots instead on being stuck in a sausage raft :D So far it has been a great season, a little cool out there but when you stop it is fine. Come on Don, no answer on the gas deal, you can not let that sit all summer, it will condensate and rust guaranteed, unless you fill it with oil or diesel fuel so lets run it a couple times, I have not even been on that boat and I want to see how it runs. So come on, lets just do it, you me your daughter, wife if she wants and my two dogs :eek: I'll be buy to hook it to the X and get fuel.

KAAMA 06-09-2006 11:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hiya Mitch....hey, didn't know that was you until you pull up along side of me a few months back on I-196....thought you were a tailgater or that you were trying to do something just to irritate me---I thought; "What is it with this dude???!!!"....but once I knew it was you I was cool with it. I knew you were just trying to catch me to say hello.

Anyway Mitch, I don't do much boating up around Holland/Grand Haven. When I talk about tossing an anchor, it's usually about 12 miles or so south of St. Joseph pier heads. I will be boating out of St. Joe and heading north to South Haven with some other boats during the SOTW poker run to watch the boats come in....probably about 1/2 mile north of the South Haven piers or so. If I am not boating out of the St. Joseph harbor, then there's a good chance I will be boating up north around the Grand Traverse area, etc.

Dyno...GET THAT BOAT IN THE WATER SON.....OR I'M GONNA RATTLE YOUR CAGE WITH MY STELLINGS! I guess I can understand not wanting to put your boat in the water this year I suppose....I guess it was kind embarassing and painful for you as I just kept doing circles around you last year during the NMFR in Grand Traverse Bay. Heck, I had as much fun doing that than a tordado in a mobil home park!!! :D Well, you were okay with it as long as I kept feeding you those chocolate chip oatmeal cookies I had on board when we stopped and rafted off for lunch that day to help ease the pain. Now, you know if I didn't RAZZ you a bit, then you'd think I didn't love ya Don !!! :snide: ;) :)

MitchStellin 06-10-2006 08:20 AM

I could tell you were pissed but I had to let you know it was me....how many lifted excursions with 35s do you know of??? :D Now you will remember. I am sure I will see you out, do you still live in Holland or did you move South? Hope all goes well, I say we tie up Don, throw him in his boat and make him enjoy it. :D

dyno 06-10-2006 09:58 AM

You guys are too funny......