Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
MANATEE downlisting poll - HELP Please. >

MANATEE downlisting poll - HELP Please.

Notices

MANATEE downlisting poll - HELP Please.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: MANATEE downlisting poll - HELP Please.

Funny stuff but let's try and leave the Manatee humor alone. They themselves aren't the problem. I've actually had some really cool encounters with them.
Our enemy is the SMC and their allies. We don't need to give them any more ammunition to use against powerboaters.
Thanks,
TS
Old 06-08-2006, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Funny stuff but let's try and leave the Manatee humor alone. They themselves aren't the problem. I've actually had some really cool encounters with them.
Our enemy is the SMC and their allies. We don't need to give them any more ammunition to use against powerboaters.
Thanks,
TS
same here, when I was picking up my Tiger, one came up to the dock and we gave him the hose to drink from, he hung out for a while and was really playful.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,
TS
Yeah, you are right. If people make jokes about Manatees, it will show that the Manatees are victims of mean spirited powerboaters.

Since is is in poor taste to even make jokes about Manatees, maybe they really are deserving of special protection. After all, if it is in bad taste for me to make jokes about them, it is also in bad taste to nail them with your props.

Maybe I should not have voted. Perhaps this is a local issue that should be left to the local people.

I want to offer my sincerest apologies to any and all Manatees who were offended by my joke, as well as any tree-huggers who got frightened.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C'mon now if anybody's a jokester it's me. However The SMC will use everything they can to rally against us and you can bet what we say and do gets back to them. That's all.
This manatee thing has really really screwed up our day to day business lives here at Nor-Tech. Unless we spend three hours extra every time we test a boat, we risk a Federal offense.
This has been an intense issue and we need all the help we can get, just like speed limits in NH.
So pardon my wet blanket. I have to go now the bald eagle stew is ready.
TS
Old 06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

FR,
i don't think anyone is trying to single you out for anything, it's just that salesman is correct in that I have NO DOUBT that the $MC monitors this website! And their whole propaganda model is based on taking any tidbit of data, (even opinions) and TWISTING them to further their LIES!
I visit the $MC webiste @ least once a week to see what they are planning next! We appreciate your support, just like all OSOer's have supported the guys in NH and the guys in Alabama.
Thanks again,
Dean
Old 06-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
FR,
i don't think anyone is trying to single you out for anything, it's just that salesman is correct in that I have NO DOUBT that the $MC monitors this website! And their whole propaganda model is based on taking any tidbit of data, (even opinions) and TWISTING them to further their LIES!
I visit the $MC webiste @ least once a week to see what they are planning next! We appreciate your support, just like all OSOer's have supported the guys in NH and the guys in Alabama.
Thanks again,
Dean
It's not a problem. I just kind of got used to being able to make jokes on my friend Nick's threads.

I wish you the best of luck as I agree with your position on the no wake laws.
Besides...
Any group who is so powerful that they effect what jokes some guy makes on a forum really should be challenged.

They have gone from controlling your boating areas to controlling my joking areas. Bastages.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Registered

C'mon now if anybody's a jokester it's me. However The SMC will use everything they can to rally against us and you can bet what we say and do gets back to them. That's all.
This manatee thing has really really screwed up our day to day business lives here at Nor-Tech. Unless we spend three hours extra every time we test a boat, we risk a Federal offense.
This has been an intense issue and we need all the help we can get, just like speed limits in NH.
So pardon my wet blanket. I have to go now the bald eagle stew is ready.
TS
What you are going through is horrible. I can see why you are kind of sensitive about it. I would be too.
While I don't think that my joke (from 4 miles south of Canada) is particularly good material to prove the environmental necessity to protect manatees, I do understand your feelings and I am fine with the wet blanket.

It's just that my jokes have been pretty lame lately, but in the last day or so I have been on fire... so you know... I am stepping away from a good "at bat."

I think we all know who to blame if the bald eagle people come down on us.