New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache >

New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache

Notices

New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache

Old 06-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache

Just wanted to make post on my new motors and great experience I had with my builder and now friend Paul LaSassa (papache on OSO) out of Hammonton, NJ, just west of AC @15 mi.

In January I started looking for blower motor guy, lots of folks responded and thanks to everyone! ... But one guy named Byrdman stepped up and referred Paul to me and I decided to go with him for a couple reasons, location probably #1, then Byrdman's, then the fact he runs hs own big motor Apache and other boats .... and just loves this stuff

Well few weeks later ... Paul did an absolute stand-up job, on-time, on-budget, and pretty much surpassed all my expectations in service, honesty, and most importantly .. quality. Motors are 498ci blocks, with new Dart Iron Eagle w/ 345cc runners, new JE pistons, all the good stuff. Still have the 250 B&Ms rebuilt with all new gears. Didn't dyno, but figure should be @550hp+ per. Was not looking for top-speed numbers, just turn key (blower ) motors on 93 octane. Some day we'll bump 'em up to 100mph+

Here's a couple pics, still cleaning and getting ready for NYC Poker Run in 2 weeks. Hopefully Paul and I will be there in the the Mistress and his 41' Apache V1. And if you need anyone to work on, build you new motors Paul would be highly recommended by me!
Attached Thumbnails New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-154-large-.jpg   New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-155-large-.jpg   New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-041-large-.jpg  

Old 06-01-2006, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Default Re: New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache

look great, See paul isn't the grumpy old guy he portrays...
Old 06-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Registered

Default Re: New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache

Couple
Attached Thumbnails New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-030-large-.jpg   New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-031-large-.jpg   New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-032-large-.jpg  

Old 06-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered

Last few
Attached Thumbnails New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-151-large-.jpg   New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-010-large-.jpg   New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache-picture-037-large-.jpg  

Last edited by NJgr8ful; 06-01-2006 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
look great, See paul isn't the grumpy old guy he portrays...
LOL oh he can be grumpy when people make deals and don't call him back!

He's mid-thirties .. young and his knees are still working! Thanks Rob.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

Glad to see the boat is treating you well, man those motors are close, it looks like they are touching, does this cause a rubbing problem? Boat looks great and with the new power you can enjoy the summer problem free....just keep the Rs down and get it on plane slow and you should be set, did you beef the drives up or are they good to go? So, overall has it been a good buy, it looked like a good boat to me. Congrats and have fun.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Registered

Cool Re: New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Glad to see the boat is treating you well, man those motors are close, it looks like they are touching, does this cause a rubbing problem? Boat looks great and with the new power you can enjoy the summer problem free....just keep the Rs down and get it on plane slow and you should be set, did you beef the drives up or are they good to go? So, overall has it been a good buy, it looked like a good boat to me. Congrats and have fun.
Yo Mitch Yeah you were big part in my purchase 2 years ago, thanks! Nah no problems ... except changing plugs Drives are #3s and I'm just changing drive oil .. they are good to go! Thanks ... when you out to NJ better stop by.

Chris
Old 06-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered

Wow, it has been two years now....time just flys. I would love to come to NJ but I have no real reason except to see you, or go to NY. I made that trip to get some money and stayed with Shane, it was fun but the flight was a pain, a huge wait and layover was not fun. But if I do I will look you up for sure, how about the same for you, if you get to lk MI make sure you call, we can hook up and boat, I have 7 hours this season but the fuel is not an issue, I am getting 15mpg and that is running it hard, maybe 20 on a good day. I sure don't miss the $600.00 fill ups. Have fun and be kind to the motors or they will bite you hard
Old 06-01-2006, 10:31 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow Chris... looking great!
BTW, thats a Larry Smith Scarab, not sutphen.
I hope to make it to NYC PR to see some of you.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Registered

Thanks Rob, You are correct with the Indigo being a Larry Smith Scarab and a very nice 100+mh one at that

CYA in NYC

Quick Reply: New motors done and running for a week! Built by Paul LaSassa - papache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.