Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Manatee has been DOWNLISTED by the State of FL! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132216-manatee-has-been-downlisted-state-fl.html)

Dean Ferry 06-08-2006 12:02 PM

Re: The Manatee has been DOWNLISTED by the State of FL!

Originally Posted by formula1
I'm relatively new to FL and I can respect the wildlife. But, all these "speed zones" are a joke! It's amazing to me that people actually believe that slowing boats down to 25 MPH really helps things. I can barely stay on plane at 25 MPH! Watch out Manatees, I'm ridin' LOW now! However, get that baby to 40 or 50 MPH and I'm drawing half as much (or even less)! And the wake is much less going faster... :cool: Go figure.... :rolleyes:

25 MPH, I would love to have just that in the barge canal or Sykes creek.! :eek:
Dean

Strip Poker 388 06-08-2006 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
One more and that will be a hat-trick.
Maybe Bill Hionas will end up in jail today too :p

Good news all around :drink:

Or we could let JC and his sail boat crew take him for a ride :drink:

I am gald we do have Manatees here .

Dean Ferry 06-08-2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Or we could let JC and his sail boat crew take him for a ride :drink:

I am gald we do have Manatees here .

Strip,
I think you meant to say, "I glad we DON'T have Manatees here" And actually, Manatees are beginning to migrate up to Ft. Walton Beach now!! :eek: Their antural range is being screwed up by all the warm water discharges from power plants, and SEWAGE treatment plants that discharge in Manatee inhabited waters.
Good forbid, if one of them gets hit by a barge/tug.! :eek: :eek:
Dean

Shorgasm 06-08-2006 01:08 PM

Heard this this morning...we'll see how this goes I guess.........I'd like to see some no-wakes pulled back.They serve no purpose outsdie of residential and docking situations.

Strip Poker 388 06-08-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Strip,
I think you meant to say, "I glad we DON'T have Manatees here" And actually, Manatees are beginning to migrate up to Ft. Walton Beach now!! :eek: Their antural range is being screwed up by all the warm water discharges from power plants, and SEWAGE treatment plants that discharge in Manatee inhabited waters.
Good forbid, if one of them gets hit by a barge/tug.! :eek: :eek:
Dean

Yeap [dont] :D ,But I have seen some here that look like manatees :(