Destin Florida Hotel & Marina combos

Notices

Destin Florida Hotel & Marina combos

Old 06-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Destin Florida Hotel & Marina combos

anyone know of any higher end hotel resorts that have a marina on the inter coastal around Destin or San Destin area of Florida?
Old 06-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Registered

Default Re: Destin Florida Hotel & Marina combos

This is exactly the problem I just got through dealing with down there and there aren't a lot of good options. Baytowne Marina in Sandestin is one place, though. They have a nice marina on the south shore of Choctowatchee Bay, just east of the mid-bay bridge, and Sandestin offers a lot of different options for upscale accomodations. It is only a 10 minute or so ride in a powerboat out to Crab Island, the entrance to Destin Harbor, or the East Pass. The only problem is that Baytowne Marina does not have a ramp and the only one in the area large enough for a powerboat is Joe's Bayou, which is in Destin proper, about 20 minutes away (take Beach Avenue north from Highway 98 in Destin; it will be on the right). This is what I had to do with my 42 Fountain. If you have a smaller boat (30 feet or less), there is supposedly another ramp closer to Sandestin you may be able to use. Talk to Dick or Captain Ron at Baytowne Marina. They were extremely helpful and accomodating on my recent trip over Memorial Day.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Memphis
This is exactly the problem I just got through dealing with down there and there aren't a lot of good options. Baytowne Marina in Sandestin is one place, though. They have a nice marina on the south shore of Choctowatchee Bay, just east of the mid-bay bridge, and Sandestin offers a lot of different options for upscale accomodations. It is only a 10 minute or so ride in a powerboat out to Crab Island, the entrance to Destin Harbor, or the East Pass. The only problem is that Baytowne Marina does not have a ramp and the only one in the area large enough for a powerboat is Joe's Bayou, which is in Destin proper, about 20 minutes away (take Beach Avenue north from Highway 98 in Destin; it will be on the right). This is what I had to do with my 42 Fountain. If you have a smaller boat (30 feet or less), there is supposedly another ramp closer to Sandestin you may be able to use. Talk to Dick or Captain Ron at Baytowne Marina. They were extremely helpful and accomodating on my recent trip over Memorial Day.
any idea where to stay in november for the worlds looking to be as close to the action as possible beach front thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

N0- you got the circus at Sandestin but it is quite a boat ride to the harbor and Ft. Walton Beach convention center. Go to www.depvacations.com and get you a nice condo or house.

As for the boat…. If you are in Destin call Legendary Marina at Mid Bay Bridge or if you are staying in Ft. Walton call Brooks Bridge Marina. That is where I keep my boats when I am down for the poker run or weekend. or you can keep it beached over night across from AJ's. That is a lot of fun too. Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Memphis
I was told Joes Bayou is closed for remodleing.and they also said there was a ramp under.beside the midbay bridge/

We have a group going down for the 4th july, We rented a house in Destin harbour with a boat slip

Mary ester state park ramp looks to be the only boat ramp closest to destin

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Joes was open a couple of weeks ago..That is the only place to go unless the one in FT walton is back open.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by crb76
Joes was open a couple of weeks ago..That is the only place to go unless the one in FT walton is back open.
The one behind the convention center FB I think is still under construction.I hope I was told wrong about Joe's?or it going to be a long haul to find a ramp

Old 06-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Centrally located to Destin proper. Great beach (long and wide) three pools and reasonable rates. We have syated last four years.

http://www.pelican-beach.com/
Old 06-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID
Centrally located to Destin proper. Great beach (long and wide) three pools and reasonable rates. We have syated last four years.

http://www.pelican-beach.com/
i didnt see any boat slips?

Old 06-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
The one behind the convention center FB I think is still under construction.I hope I was told wrong about Joe's?or it going to be a long haul to find a ramp

I was in Destin over Memorial Day and Joe's was open. Didn't see anything that looked like remodeling.

Quick Reply: Destin Florida Hotel & Marina combos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.