Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How can this happen to a brand new boat? >

How can this happen to a brand new boat?

Notices

How can this happen to a brand new boat?

Old 06-10-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How can this happen to a brand new boat?

You don't have to hit something to have a boat delaminate, It could happen to anyone at anytime. you get a nick in the bottom of your boat the size of a nickle and with water and air rushing past the crack it actually has more force and pressure then a pressure washer. If water gets in between the glass. Its only a matter of minuets and the bottom will start ripping off. I have seen this with boats traveling faster the 70 mph.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Good thing it wasn't a Fountain, we'd never hear the end
It happens to Fountains, you just never hear about it.

Last edited by ApacheCarl; 06-10-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that should buff out
Old 06-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Ya cuz lord knows we can't air them out just cruzzing around
Yea, that was Kenny running in big water one time....Now take a race boat and that shot and do it EVERY TIME it's out....Racing a little different.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gelcoat is a lot harder than any kind of paint... I would want the bottom gel coated if i had one. Just my 02 ct.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Unhappy Re: How can this happen to a brand new boat?

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Good thing it wasn't a Fountain, we'd never hear the end
Agree with that Downtown 42.

What is all this " I hate a Fountain " crap anyway ? Sounds like a case for Dr. Phill to me. Maybe it's "Beak Envy ". A chunk of bottom comes out of a RACE BOAT and all of a sudden it's about Fountain. Engines from Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge break on RACE TRACKS every weekend across this country, dosen't mean yours is going to chit on the way to the corner quick stop. And how would anyone know if they hit anything ? Is it not pretty obvious that the part that may have hit something is not there anymore ? Years ago Howard Pipkorn designed, and built a great little boat, the Hydrostream, designed them to run, fly, and land on a well designed BOTTOM. I owned three of them. I wasn't real perplexed when one of them blew apart. I ran it, I flew it, OPPS ---- I landed it upside down on it's DECK at 80+ mph, and it blew apart. Gosh Howard, you failed me! What did you do wrong when you built my boat ? Ok Howard, I understand now, but you could have told me not to land it UPSIDE DOWN ! This was BTW number 2, number 3 was purchased within a couple weeks, and with more power. I ran number 3 for quite a few years and never had a problem, Howard told me not to land this one UPSIDE DOWN, and WOW!!!!! did that make a difference, it stayed together real good.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 06-11-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by carrboy
And who hired the painter?HELLO,the builder!!!Let's blame the buyer
Wait a minute, this has BUSH's FAULT writtin all over it.

I can surely see that cost hikes and pricing of fuel caused the builder to use less construction materials causing a weeker finished product, then the painter came in had to cut costs somewhere, this spot looks as good as any....

Then the racers hit somethig small in the water caused by Global warming which started the hole chain reaction...

Bush did it again...
Old 06-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Chris288
How is the stress applied to a race boat markedly different than a pleasure boat ?? are they riding on some " magic " water the rest of us aren't ???

Chris Your kidding right. Why dont you post that in the racers forum. Would be interesting to here what they have to say.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: How can this happen to a brand new boat?

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
Wait a minute, this has BUSH's FAULT writtin all over it.

I can surely see that cost hikes and pricing of fuel caused the builder to use less construction materials causing a weeker finished product, then the painter came in had to cut costs somewhere, this spot looks as good as any....

Then the racers hit somethig small in the water caused by Global warming which started the hole chain reaction...

Bush did it again...
I knew it, it's an international political deal!!!! Must have been painted by one of those Iraqi insurgents. You take note that the failure is directly below the Brittish Flag. Now that sends a message to Tony Blair for sure.

I better call Reggie right now, make sure he hasn't hired any of them insurgents at the plant.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 06-11-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TomR
Chris288, I take it that you never raced a boat! There is a considerable difference in the pounding that is put on a race boat.
What about a guy that runs a sh*tload of Poker Runs a year? And all the crazy bastards just running hard for the fun of it?

Quick Reply: How can this happen to a brand new boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.