Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best place to live / boat / work / play IN FLORIDA (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132433-best-place-live-boat-work-play-florida.html)

FeverMike 06-13-2006 08:20 AM

Re: Best place to live / boat / work / play IN FLORIDA

kswest, think of that tiny lot as not a lot of yard to upkeep so you have more boating time. :D
Jupiter, the Gulf is never really brown water but right after a storm comes through the sand does get kicked up in the Intracoastal waterway and it will apear brown/tan for a few days. Other than that the water is clean and boating is fun around Tampa and SW Florida.

DRIVEN1 06-13-2006 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by kswest
Other than the tiny lot that place is perfect. Exactly the type of thing we're looking for.

You could get a bigger lot, but not sure of your price range. You could buy my house on a 100 by 170 foot lot for $2.95 million. I also have one on a 90 by 137 lot for $1.45 million. I was under the impression you wanted around $900,000. If you want big lot on water you are going to pay big bucks or get an old house.

DRIVEN1 06-13-2006 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
kswest, think of that tiny lot as not a lot of yard to upkeep so you have more boating time. :D
Jupiter, the Gulf is never really brown water but right after a storm comes through the sand does get kicked up in the Intracoastal waterway and it will apear brown/tan for a few days. Other than that the water is clean and boating is fun around Tampa and SW Florida.

Mike,
Did you see how high the water is right now? Wait until the high tide around 2:45. I would turn off the power to your dock if you have not done so already, because the docks are going to be under water.

kswest 06-13-2006 08:24 AM

Apollo Beach: http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1056712542

Older, but nice.

DRIVEN1 06-13-2006 08:28 AM

Apollo Beach: http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1056712542

Older, but nice.

That development does not have all the amenities that Mirabay does. Check it out at www.Mirabay.com. We looked in there before we bought in here. There is no comparison between the two developments.

FeverMike 06-13-2006 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Mike,
Did you see how high the water is right now? Wait until the high tide around 2:45. I would turn off the power to your dock if you have not done so already, because the docks are going to be under water.

I've got the boat raised up and the power off. THANKS!

Dean Ferry 06-13-2006 09:01 AM

Maybe. Maybe Not. Mostly depends on how this deal with the business goes down.

When I moved down the plan was to complete the year contract I was under then move the business down south. Now that things are changing the plan may be changing too. I honestly don't know yet.

If we buy around here it is going to take $700k+ to buy anywhere nice and we still only have a limited number of options for stuff to do. If that $700k+ buys somewhere just as nice somewhere else with a quabillion things to do it may be better spent.

I think Angela and I are both kinda in small-town shock. I went from DC (HUGE) to Cincinatti (BIG) to Cocoa Beach (TINY). We go to Orlando at least once a week just to see buildings over 4 stories ;) j/k

On a completely different note, what's new with the boat?

K,
The boat deal is still in the works, BUT HQ has approved the planned requisition!! :D :drink: :D Did you pick-up Bryce?
I'm in FT. Walton Beach right now working, I'll be back this weekend.
Dean

kswest 06-13-2006 10:55 AM

You could get a bigger lot, but not sure of your price range. You could buy my house on a 100 by 170 foot lot for $2.95 million. I also have one on a 90 by 137 lot for $1.45 million. I was under the impression you wanted around $900,000. If you want big lot on water you are going to pay big bucks or get an old house.

I sure as **** can't afford that ;)

When I say big .. I mean just big enough for a pool. :fish:

Gotta keep Angela happy so I can keep buying nicer boats. :evilb:

kswest 06-13-2006 11:02 AM

That development does not have all the amenities that Mirabay does. Check it out at www.Mirabay.com. We looked in there before we bought in here. There is no comparison between the two developments.

Wow. Looks nice in there. What's the HOA fee?

kswest 06-13-2006 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
K,
The boat deal is still in the works, BUT HQ has approved the planned requisition!! :D :drink: :D Did you pick-up Bryce?
I'm in FT. Walton Beach right now working, I'll be back this weekend.
Dean

Awesome. I knew she'd see the benefit of improved gas mileage.

yeah, I got Bryce on Tues. We still doing the birthday party? You gonna try to make the first leg of the poker run? Harbortown to Ski Island to harbortown? lol