Notices

Spousal Pressure

Old 04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spousal Pressure

I had my heart set on a Sonic, had the wife in my corner too. But of course, she is flipping on my ass now pressuring me into getting a bowrider for the kids. Is she right, hell yeah, but I'm a selfish SOB and I want to have fun! Of course I'm gonna lose this battle, so until I can afford two boats, I'm now looking at a 1995 Regal 8.3 and a 1998 Powerquest 26 sls. Any info on either one of these or any other recommendations would be great.

Sincerely,
Sad & Distraught
Old 04-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

How old are your kids? I was in same boat, i wanted a baja outlaw, but wife wanted a bow rider for kids, so we got the islander. it was a great boat, we loved it. but after first summer, wife wanted something w/ a vbirth to get the kids out of sun (daughter was 2 at time). so while she thought the bowrider would be a better fit, being in boats w/ a vbirth allowed them to take naps & watch movies in more comfort. we sold the islander in nov & now lookin for something in the 33+ range.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Oh man that sucks. I think that sunsation makes one of the best bowriders around. Get the kids on your side - take them too the lake for lunch and ask them if they want one of those bad azz fuggers there or one of those little guys over there. If all else fails - just say its the sonic or nothing at all. Good luck.

If your going to get a pleasure boat get a sea ray or a cobalt. The sea ray or cobalt will hold its value alot more than a regal. If you want a cheap powerboat check out my 24 python for sale here on oso (Misc V) - its in Denison. It won't depreciate like that 1998 Powerquest will.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Buy The Sonic. The kids don't want a bowrider either. You're wife wants a bowrider. She drives the kids around in a mini-van, and she wants a mini-van for the water.
Buy the Sonic.
What do you want?
Gotta ask yourself that every now and again.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2 boats is cheaper than 1 divorce.

Some years back, we had this same issue. Our compromise was a 34' Scarab open with O/B's. Triples made it fast & fun. Lots of room made it family & friends friendly.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Registered

I have 3 girls, 9,7,& 3. The only problem with the cuddy is in the TX summer, it will be too hot to have them go down below. If I was in Tahoe, there wouldn't be an argument. The Sonic can't ski or wakeboard, maybe it can pull an inner tube. Don't know? If the Sonic had an air conditioner it would be a done deal. Who knows, I'm so pissed, I just have to see how it will work out. Does a Powerquest make a good boat?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

sux.....
Old 04-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 362 Likes on 207 Posts

I agree with bouyhunter. my sister and I never wanted to be on a bow-rider. Funny thing is I know a family we see boating every summer, the kids are 8 to 14 years old. They specifically told there parents that if they bought a cruiser, they would never go boating Wish I have kids like that!!!
Jr.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

Texoma Powerboater hit the nail on the head. Find a Sunsation or one of the other manufacturers who make a mid cabin boat. You get an open bow, a small cabin, a big engine, and everybody's happy! Well, mostly anyway.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Registered

Very nice boat, but unfortunately out of my price range.

Quick Reply: Spousal Pressure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.