Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is this a good deal (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132603-good-deal.html)

thedonz 06-12-2006 11:44 PM

Is this a good deal

I have a guy selling me a bowtie 540 block with a crank. I'm not sure what crank it is but i bealive it's calli, herb i don;t know..one of those high performance onces. I'll find out for sure tomorrow. He's selling me both the motor and crank for $1000. what do yall think... I'm guessing i can get 650 hp - 675 hp n/a and then 850hp-875 hp with a blwer 871 with a chillier for my Mag :D let me know what yall think.. thanks in advance

jr mike

ratman 06-13-2006 02:01 AM

Re: Is this a good deal

hard to go wrong if there in good shape.

thedonz 06-13-2006 07:21 AM

anyone else :rolleyes: ..... it's a crowler crank

jr mike

BY U BOY 06-13-2006 08:55 AM

Don't Pass That Deal Up.

thedonz 06-13-2006 09:43 AM

yup that's what i'm thinking.. do the hp numbers that i posted above sound about right ?

jr mike

Lauderdaleboats 06-13-2006 09:39 PM

Go ahead, buy it Mike. I'm still gonna whoop your butt in the Miramar Missile. Don't forget to call your friendly neighborhood rigger for the Install.

thedonz 06-13-2006 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lauderdaleboats
Go ahead, buy it Mike. I'm still gonna whoop your butt in the Miramar Missile. Don't forget to call your friendly neighborhood rigger for the Install.

i don't know much about you whooping my a$$ but i do know you will be doing the install for me :D

jr mike

offshoredrillin 06-14-2006 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by ratman
hard to go wrong if there in good shape.

rats right, you have to have the block and crank tested, what may look good to the eye, could have cracks.Take it to a machine shop and have it tested before you pay out the money...you would survey a boat wouldnt you?

Jassman 06-14-2006 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by thedonz
I have a guy selling me a bowtie 540 block with a crank. I'm not sure what crank it is but i bealive it's calli, herb i don;t know..one of those high performance onces. I'll find out for sure tomorrow. He's selling me both the motor and crank for $1000. what do yall think... I'm guessing i can get 650 hp - 675 hp n/a and then 850hp-875 hp with a blwer 871 with a chillier for my Mag :D let me know what yall think.. thanks in advance

jr mike

Is the guy local and have you seen all the parts. JEFF

thedonz 06-14-2006 07:21 AM

Yea he's local..... i will have it tested before i buy it at Mesa's shop

jr mike