Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thank you CMI for being a stand up company! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132612-thank-you-cmi-being-stand-up-company.html)

Byrdman 06-13-2006 08:47 PM

Re: Thank you CMI for being a stand up company!

Yes.....I must admit....Fred ...trick marine helped me on this last set....and everything is fine and on time.....thanks fred...and jc....no big deal...i am better now..

tomtbone1993 06-13-2006 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Thought I would let you know how well CMI took care of me. Since allot of posts I read on here are bashing some marine company. I thought I would share a happy story. I had been having problems with my center 525 EFI oil overheating. To make a long story short I had salt in the oil due to my headers leaking. I was worried since the boat was just out of warranty and I had read a couple posts about CMI not fixing leaky headers. So I was bracing for the having to spend some big dough for new headers. I sent them to CMI and they are fixing them right now for me under warranty. I should have them back within the next week. They will be as good as new and will be all polished up for me.
I just wanted to say thank you for taking care of the customer and standing behind your product. It would have been very easy to say sorry about your luck you are just past your warrenty. Thanks Mike

I would love to see you get your headers back next week.......Time will tell........As far as BASHING CMI, I have only stated facts..........

1) ordered was turned in March, was told 2 to 3 weeks

2) received 2 sets in April

3) was told I would have center set by May 1st

4) ist now June 13th still know center set :mad:

5) redid my whole transom to make it easier on CMI , replaced Big Tubes with Elbow tops..."Standard Bravo Setup"

6) I am glad to see they will repair your headers in one week vs make mine that I ordered in March :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7) If I was you I would also replace my oil cooler ;)

DRIVEN1 06-13-2006 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I would love to see you get your headers back next week.......Time will tell........As far as BASHING CMI, I have only stated facts..........

1) ordered was turned in March, was told 2 to 3 weeks

2) received 2 sets in April

3) was told I would have center set by May 1st

4) ist now June 13th still know center set :mad:

5) redid my whole transom to make it easier on CMI , replaced Big Tubes with Elbow tops..."Standard Bravo Setup"

6) I am glad to see they will repair your headers in one week vs make mine that I ordered in March :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7) If I was you I would also replace my oil cooler ;)

Well maybe I should wait until I get my headers in my hands before I give them the kudos. I actually did not know your problems with CMI until today. I am sorry about your experience with them.

Why do you think I should replace the oil cooler? The boat has 75 hours on it now. Good luck with getting your center header soon. What did you do to support the tail pipes on the center headers?

stecz20 06-13-2006 11:08 PM

i did not know byrd had problems as well..... hmmmmmm :eek: :eek: :eek:

i have this one hang up in business, if you say your going to do it, do it.. if you cant, then dont.. dont string a guy along and tell him yes, when you know it will never happen... i respect people more if they are straight up and tell me no i cant have it in that time frame.... in my business and im sure most of yours as well, if you put people off for months, you would be out of business pretty quick, we only put up to it cause we are used to it in the marine industry.... if you order it knowing its on back order is one thing, telling it will be there by a certain date is another......

Scott B 06-14-2006 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Good luck with getting your center header soon. What did you do to support the tail pipes on the center headers?

At this stage sky hooks wll work very nicely...

Sorry to hear of your issues Tbone.. Sucks when a manufacturer just strokes ya along..

Papache 06-14-2006 07:28 AM

I would never use cmi again they are junk

DRIVEN1 06-14-2006 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Papache
I would never use cmi again they are junk

Who would you use then for Merc 525s?

Papache 06-14-2006 08:23 AM

stelling's are the best still using them for the last 10 years

DRIVEN1 06-14-2006 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Papache
stelling's are the best still using them for the last 10 years

Thanks. I will keep that in mind if these crack again down the road and I have to buy the next pair.

Biggus 06-14-2006 07:14 PM

How much for the Stellings Fred?

Good to see you in Jax. That's one sweet Tiger you've got!!!

Kurt