Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pittsburgh? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132680-pittsburgh.html)

Racegirl3 06-13-2006 09:07 PM

Pittsburgh?

Ill be in Pittsburgh this weekend delivering my daughter to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and would like to stay out there (friday to sunday).

Can anybody direct me on a cheap place to stay and something to do? Its a 3 1/2 hr drive from here and I hate to drive out and back and then turn around a day later and do it again.

Thanks for the help! :bunny:

cbeastwood 06-13-2006 09:16 PM

Re: Pittsburgh?

There's a Fairfield Inn in Cranberry. Last time I stayed, it was $85 / night. Cranberry's 15 minutes north of downtown.

If you want to stay IN the city, I would try the Westin Convention Center or the Marriott Courtyard on Penn Avenue. The Rennaissance is also very nice but $$$. Also there's a Hilton by the point. Usually you'll pay about $150 / night downtown on average...

PS - Find your way to the Fox Chapel Yacht Club 10 minutes NE of downtown - I'll have my boat there for their Poker Run - it'll be a weekend-long party!

Racegirl3 06-13-2006 09:24 PM

Thanks - downtowns are always cool but seldom in my price range :D

I have yet to be on the water this year :eek: so a poker run would be awesome! :cool:

Ms PatriYacht 06-13-2006 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
There's a Fairfield Inn in Cranberry. Last time I stayed, it was $85 / night. Cranberry's 15 minutes north of downtown.

If you want to stay IN the city, I would try the Westin Convention Center or the Marriott Courtyard on Penn Avenue. The Rennaissance is also very nice but $$$. Also there's a Hilton by the point. Usually you'll pay about $150 / night downtown on average...

PS - Find your way to the Fox Chapel Yacht Club 10 minutes NE of downtown - I'll have my boat there for their Poker Run - it'll be a weekend-long party!

That is definately more up RG3's alley, you should invite her along, she will definately add something to the party :drink: Really she is a great gal and fun to be around :D

Bobthebuilder 06-13-2006 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by cbeastwood

Craig,

Take good care of Dawn. She is a special girl !! I hear she likes a good party. Well, that's what somebody told me. :drink:
Bob

ChrisK 06-13-2006 11:07 PM

Damn girl, just call Jason he LIVES there! You know this...

Racegirl3 06-14-2006 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisK
Damn girl, just call Jason he LIVES there! You know this...

Rumor has it he will be out of town ... :p

Thanks Guys!! If somebody lets me ride ... I PROMISE not to drool on the engines and laugh too loud .. it will be hard, but Ill be good :D

Racegirl3 06-14-2006 06:02 PM

Craig - thanks so much for the info. See ya Friday :cool:

offthefront 06-14-2006 07:29 PM

How bout this ...For the RG Calender .... 12 Different Poker Runs ... 12 Different Boats ...great Arena to showcase your boats .... Someone from Pittsburg Step up ....... :drink:

Racegirl3 06-14-2006 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by offthefront
How bout this ...For the RG Calender .... 12 Different Poker Runs ... 12 Different Boats ...great Arena to showcase your boats .... Someone from Pittsburg Step up ....... :drink:

:eek: :p :D