Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Your experience with boat liners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132719-your-experience-boat-liners.html)

thedonz 06-14-2006 01:07 PM

Re: Your experience with boat liners

imagine a 38 topgun or a 41 apache ..... what would they say to that :D

mike

chrisf 06-14-2006 01:14 PM

You are right my man.

I was at the ramp last week, and a Fastech 352 pulled up to launch. It looked like an office building was moving. I thought my 272 was big to launch until I saw him.

It looked like it REQUIRED two people to launch it, he had 3. Is that true? What is the largest offshore someone can launch solo.

My 272 is a breeze to launch solo.

Chris

spk1 06-14-2006 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by chrisf
NONE, not a California thing to do because we have no boating winter so to speak. I wish though, that would be perfection.

The only thing we have out here is hoisting, and for any marina within reach, this boat is too big by about 1000lbs.

Chris

Out here in texas we have many storage facilities that will haul your boat in and out of the water and into their onsite storage/or marina using your own trailer.Y ou might want to see if they dont have that in cali, if not maybe it would be less trouble to hire some guys and sell the idea to your fav marina/ storage facility and start your own franchise. :drink:

HUSTLEthis 06-14-2006 02:03 PM

There is a dry-stack in Newport Harbor...

Panther 06-14-2006 02:21 PM

Wouldn't the EPA have a problem with the dumping of chlorinated water?

Stormrider 06-14-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Panther

Exactly, nice GREEN CALI... what a joke.

What liability is there with a lift.
Especially an airdock, that is not fixed to the dock, just tied up like the boat would be.
www.airdock.com

rainmn 06-14-2006 02:25 PM

I was wondering that same thing. They can fine you for spilling a drop of gas, but it's ok to drop a whole swimming pool full of chlorinated water into the bay every time you want to go for a ride? Doesn't sound right.

HiPerf2000 06-14-2006 02:27 PM

What about one of those inflatable lifts ?

http://www.airdock.com/

spk1 06-14-2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider

Especially an airdock, that is not fixed to the dock, just tied up like the boat would be.
www.airdock.com

Honestly, if they would let you put a huge tarp full of chlorinated water under you boat, I do not see where this air dock system storm rider found wouldnt be acceptable. Go into the managers office with a couple cases of bud light and talk it over with him, and take a brochure so he know what it looks like. :drink:

chrisf 06-14-2006 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider

www.airdock.com

Now remember, we were going hydrohoist, and I was told two years ago they had an airlift collapse on one side, it flipped, dropped the boat over the dock, which was crushed, and into the next slip with boat damage. Could be BS, but sounded logical to me. I was also told the bottom liner is the only solution for the marinas in question.

I thought the same thing on the chlorine, but was told it is so diluted it is not an issue.

Originally Posted by HUSTLEthis
There is a dry-stack in Newport Harbor...

Did not know about Newport. I live in Woodland Hills, so my local harbors go from Redondo/King, MDR, CI, and Ventura, and that is the farthest I can go logistically.

Chris