Notices

Horba Contender

Old 06-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Horba Contender

It looks like it would be a cool boat to keep alive.. If you are interested in restoring it feel free to call me.. I am wrapping up a large progect now, but I am only a few hrs from you. I can give you some ideas & some things to watch for.. Unfortunatley usually you need to buy the boats cheaply. The reason I say that is it can cost boku bucks to go thru them properly. You can run into rotted floors, frames, transoms, obsolete parts, engine & drive work, gauges, interior & exterior restoration.. You have to do a project like this because you like & respect the boat. You could at times wrap up almost as much money as a new one in some cases, or more .. Of course that really depends on what it needs & how crazy you go.... The nice thing about doing one of these is you have a boat unlike everyone else... )

Again if you need me feel free to drop me a line.
Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628
www.LakesideRestorations.com
Old 06-16-2006, 08:35 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Jamie, nice to know someone is not too far if i decide to do something like this someday. I think the boat is cool, but if i was to really buy an old raceboat there'd be others i'd wait for.
Damn, by the time id be done w/ this i could of had daddy cool, or some other sutphens.

The ad says asking is $13000. Should easily buy for 10. So you could steel it for 5. In the end that savings of 5,000 aint gonna mean chit, cuz you're 55,000 into it. And if thats how it would go, i'd rather buy something i absolutely have to have and pay whatever it takes to get it, or buy something that already done.

Still think its a cool pc of history. love them old school scoops.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:38 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Jamie, btw, where is that 33 apache you are working on ending up?
Did you install the konrads yet? What are they replacing? I'd be interested to hear your opinion of the install.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Apache is going to upstate NY. I an shooting to have it done by or before the end of this month. The rest of the drives & engines should be on next week. My client stopped down yesterday AM and asked us to install a little more bling.. Powdercoated grab rails & Flame arrestors.

As far as restoring a vintage hi perf boat I fully agree with you. It has to be a boat you want to put the money into for yourself. It is can get very $$ very fast. Thats also a reason you have to buy them right.. & yes in the grand scheme of thinks 5K can end up seeming like 5 dollars when you are throwing 5-10-20k or more at a time on certain things to redo the boat right.

Ones boat today can be compared to ones custom car or bike. With the things that can be done on a new boat or one that you are restoring it can be created to reflect ones personal interests and be tailored to thier needs as well as making a personal statement if one desires.

The scoops on the boat you were looking at remind me of the old formula 1 cars..

Catch ya later & feel free to drop us a line anytime.. Jamie / Lakeside