3 Manatees Found Dead In St. Johns  .... >

3 Manatees Found Dead In St. Johns ....

Notices

3 Manatees Found Dead In St. Johns ....

Old 06-17-2006, 09:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Re: 3 Manatees Found Dead In St. Johns ....

Originally Posted by offthefront
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Wildlife investigators are investigating the deaths of three manatees found floating in the St. Johns River Thursday.

Investigators said the mammals have deep wounds .
Does anyone know the whereabouts of OJ Simpson??????

Old 06-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Does anyone know the whereabouts of OJ Simpson??????

That made me bust out laughing!
Old 06-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Here's what the $MC had to say about the recent Manatee Downlisting by the FFWCC! Man, they are PANICKING about losing their jobs!

This is straight from there website!

Commission Ignores Public Outcry and
Downlists Manatees in Florida
For more information please contact:

Patrick Rose, Save the Manatee Club, 850-570-1373

Laurie MacDonald, Defenders of Wildlife, 727-823-3888

Martha Collins, attorney for the groups, 727-643-7746

For Immediate Release: June 8, 2006

On June 7, the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) at its regular quarterly meeting in West Palm Beach, Florida, ignored public outcry and unanimously voted to downlist manatees from “Endangered” status to “Threatened” over the objections of numerous scientists and manatee advocates. Seventeen conservation, animal welfare, and public interest groups from Florida and around the nation have filed a legal petition with the FWC, urging the state to revise its imperiled species classification system and also asking the agency to delay any species’ reclassifications, like the manatee’s, that recommended a lesser status of imperilment.

The action of the FWC may prevent the actual recovery of the manatee population and the conservation community fears that the same fate may await other at-risk species in Florida like the northern right whale, Florida panther, and Florida black bear.

The $MC can kiss my a$$, they are more worried about their cushy jobs going away, then they are about the Manatee!
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 06-18-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

"Public Outcry"
Where do they come up with this sht? Everyone I talk to is fed up and sick and tired of hearing about manatees. They're more worried about their homes, their cities and their rights to the water, not the goddamned manatee.

That's some shtty journalism right there:
- "public outcry" [what about the other side - public rejoice]
- "the objections of numerous scientists and manatee advocates." [no sht, of course advocates are pissed - what about human advocates rejoicing]
Old 06-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's face it.

Idle zones, seatbelt laws, HOV lanes,...all revenue generators. The Man doesn't give a fiddler's fukk about us...just our money.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Registered

Let's see: Manatee, as in "West Indian Manatee"? To me, this indicates the the manatee is not native to this country's waterways. Why then is it not treated in the same manner as any other pest species that has infested other bodies of water? Also, since the species is "native" to the West Indies, why not deport them, as they should, like any other "illegal" aliens that abuse the resources of the taxpayer.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

It's a fat bastard that provides more fat lazy bastards a means of money.....kinda like the gubment.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
If they were hit by a RECREATIONAL boat that 99.9% of the time has an outboard or an I/O with a SKAG on it, then there would be a deep gash from the SKAG and small 1/2 moon shaped cuts along one side of the Skag cut. If you ever see a Manatee with prop scars, 99.9% of them have VERY LARGE 1/2 moon shaped scars, with NO SKAG cut/gash. That indicates that the Manatee was more than likely hit by a boat that's an inboard driven boat, equipped with a rudder. And just about ALL Commercial barges and tugs are inboards. It doesn't take a rocket scienctist to figure out what type of vessels are hitting Manatees!
The SJR has a bunch of tug/barge traffic!! But the tugs and barges are EXEMPT from Manatee zones regulations!
Dean
Dean Dean Dean....how MANY times must I tell you that confusing things with the FACTS does nothing to support a hidden agenda. I think it is time you take the following college courses:

Liberal Agendas and the media 101

How to manipulate public opinion with completely false and fabricated data 201

If you are not as successful as you want to be, how to make everyone else's life miserable 301.

Perhaps then you will have a heightened level of understanding as do these self righteous liberals.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Registered

I have a fairly simple question....if you fit a manatee with an outdrive or outboard, hard enough to inflict the damage supposedly done, would you not sustain SIGNIFICANT damage to the boat, drive and prop? This alone should raise significant doubt as to the "club's" claims. Hey POWERBOAT MAG! Why not right an article on why the SMC should heralded as the savior of the sea!? You guys in Cali. are just nuts as these freaks in Florida! NIT WITS!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:56 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Doesn't the timing indicate a set-up???

First a report downgrading the manatees...

THEN shortly after three are "discoverd " injured/killed/dead???

Looks phony to me...

Quick Reply: 3 Manatees Found Dead In St. Johns ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.