Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by cuda
As far a statements saying that he alone is going raise the rates of insurance from what he does, is purely rediculous. Do you really think the insurance companies think that in poker runs, they are cruising around daintily with their ladies holding parasols to keep the sun off their delicate skin?

Insurance companies have armies of guys that crunch numbers. They don't have people looking for quotes in magazine to base their rates on.
Just my noob opinion here... but insurance rates are based upon the risk vs: payout. I have a friend in the buisness and he said the highest cost to the boating insurance industry comes from the largely fradulent claims of sinking boats to upgrade. I think many people here need to look at the mirror before casting stones.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
why wouldn't reggie take his boat to the races that weekend instead of a poker run? there were some fast canopy boats in Puerto Rico that would of gave him a run for his money...
Because as you might know, Fountan is a SBI/APBA sponsor.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

WOW as most of you know I am a Fountain supporter and a 2 time Fountain owner and currently own a Fountain. I also really like a lot of other boat brands that many of you all here on OSO own.......
BUT......
Dayum there are some jealous people on this site!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Dayum there are some jealous people on this site!
don't miscontrue it, I am not jealous of someone that spoke without thinking...you said it yourself you're a suporter, so your opinion could be biased.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
why wouldn't reggie take his boat to the races that weekend instead of a poker run? there were some fast canopy boats in Puerto Rico that would of gave him a run for his money...

You mean TAKE his money.

That Fountain hauls ass but they need to put down the pipe saying it's a cat killer. There are a TON of cats that will destroy that boat in any condition. It's a fast vee though!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Registered

As a Fountain owner you would think my opinion is biased? I just do not see anything wrong with the press release...it's a dang sales tool PEOPLE! Now just get over it....this is not the 1st time Fountain or other manufactures in other industry's have done this.

Jealous...jealous...jealous!

offshoredrillin, if Outer, Cig, Formula or any other company other than Fountain would have brought a hi powered boat to a major poker run and blew away some high speed talkin' cats or blew away Fountain and posted an article about it on their website you would have jumped on their bangwagon...now admit it.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Real cat killer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Cat Killer !-lb035.jpg   Cat Killer !-my-dog.jpg  
Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anonymous
these pictures were taken after Speed Racer passed Rio roses. and you can see from the pics file numbers that it was correct.

I guess most of you missed these pics i took! Bottom of page 4 Yes i know alot of people are biast. But i would think the pics speak for them selfs. After we were in front we were throttling back. Look at the tac's and Speedo... we obviously proved our point.. Just to damn bad that the helicopter couldnt keep up with us to witness this... So where is that video cause i cant wait to see it. Next time ill be sure to have a video camera that way it will end all the trash talk.. I just assumed that these pics would of been enough.

Both Boats are great boats dont get me wrong.. Both of these are the best in there class... But a 4700 lb v bottom racing a 12000 lb "dry" cat with the same power.. Doesnt really add up to me.. Look at the horsepower to weight ratio. We had 250 gallons of fuel and 4 people. Lets make a 44Mti cat 4700 lbs and see how fast it would go with that power. So for those to say that the Reggie has beat a "Cat hull" Is a far cry. thats apples to oranges. For the record Speed was turned all the way down.. We were only making 6 psi on starboard motor and 8psi on port. Im sure we can pulley the boat up and put the big props on.. we were just out having a good time with the little props. We were on the bump boxes. Thats what trashed our belt. Speed has alot left in her... Far more then most people would ever want to go with an open canopy. We have had it alot faster then in those pics.

I had alot of fun as i always do when im in Speed Racer. Its a great time meeting new people and seeing amazing boats and paint jobs... I Know any "gear head" would die for the chance just to be apart of this. I just wanted to say a special thanks for Randy K, David woods For allowing my self to be apart of this.. Thanks guys.

Last edited by modfox21; 06-18-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
As a Fountain owner you would think my opinion is biased? I just do not see anything wrong with the press release...it's a dang sales tool PEOPLE! Now just get over it....this is not the 1st time Fountain or other manufactures in other industry's have done this.

Jealous...jealous...jealous!

offshoredrillin, if Outer, Cig, Formula or any other company other than Fountain would have brought a hi powered boat to a major poker run and blew away some high speed talkin' cats or blew away Fountain and posted an article about it on their website you would have jumped on their bangwagon...now admit it.
not all business is good business, and you may call it a sales tool, I call it poor judgement. I own a 42 Cig tiger, my girlfriend owns a 42 fountain with trip 525's and a Searay. I would be just as yanked had Skip Braver said this as it has the potential to affect me as well. Don't be so quick to think everyone in the world covets what others have.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe everyone is missing the point, both Speed Racer and Rio Roses were equipped with identical power, 1550 HP Quad Rotor Sterlings. Both boats are capable of running in excess of 175 MPH. I am not picking sides, I have a 42 1100 HP MTI and a 42 1100 HP Fountain, both power plants are by Sterling. My Fountain has a top end of ap[proximately 135 MPH my MTI has a top end of approximately 160 MPH. This sound about right, the cat should be approximately 20% faster. The new hull on Rio Roses is a major improvement, Speed Racer and Rio Roses have basically the same top end number.

Folks, I do not care if you love the man or hate him, but Reggie has made a major improvement for V hull technology.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.