Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Killer ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132933-cat-killer.html)

blume 06-19-2006 12:05 PM

Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by SCRAPMAN1
Both Boats are great boats dont get me wrong.. Both of these are the best in there class... But a 4700 lb v bottom racing a 12000 lb "dry" cat with the same power.. Doesnt really add up to me.. Look at the horsepower to weight ratio. We had 250 gallons of fuel and 4 people. Lets make a 44Mti cat 4700 lbs and see how fast it would go with that power. So for those to say that the Reggie has beat a "Cat hull" Is a far cry. thats apples to oranges. For the record Speed was turned all the way down.. We were only making 6 psi on starboard motor and 8psi on port. Im sure we can pulley the boat up and put the big props on.. we were just out having a good time with the little props. We were on the bump boxes. Thats what trashed our belt. Speed has alot left in her... Far more then most people would ever want to go with an open canopy. We have had it alot faster then in those pics.

I GOTTA KNOW HOW THEY GOT THAT BOAT TO 4700 LBS THATS A FULL 4000 LBS LESS THAN A COMPARABLY FUELED 42 FOUNTAIN SUPER V WITH BRAVO DRIVES-- DO TELL.

Well all I can say is, that who ever turned it all the way down has their head in their a$$. 6 pounds on 1 motor and 8 pounds on the other. In the pictures 1 motor running 6,000 rpm's and the other 7,000 rpm's. Good way to treat a $1,200,000.00 boat.

hammer01 06-19-2006 12:19 PM

My .02 Is That Everyone Is Missing The Point About The Press Release. I Think We Can All Figure Out The Validity To The Nature Of The Article. Vp Of Marketing Deserves A Bonus. In The Grand Scheme Of Things As A Boater With A Passion For Fun, Poker Runs, Being On A Boat Period, Forget About The War Of Manufacturers And Make Sure We Are Doing The Right Thing For The Sport. We Are About To Lose Some Of The Priviliges In Poker Runs Due To The Disrespect On The Water. This Is Not Pointing Fingers, But This Thread Talked About Them And Everyone Who Has Been On Poker Runs Has Experienced Some Of These Acts(most Often Times By Inexperienced Drivers). Sorry To Preach But My Family Boats As A Family And That Includes Poker Runs For The"boat Show And Thrill Of It". I Do Not Care Which Manufacturer Wins As Long As We All Make It Back To The Dock Safely And Without Enemies. I Just Trust Those With The 1000 + Hp's That They Have The Drivers/throttles Thinking The Same Way. Looking Forward To The Next Poker Run And Hope To See All These Claims Meeting In The Correct Forum At Loto For The Shootout To See The End Result First Hand.

jb 06-19-2006 12:30 PM

fastest? or fastest professional boat and crew vs "amateur sportmen"?
Not taking anything away from the fountain...

masher44 06-19-2006 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by two-air
Someone burry that horse!! :drink: :drink:

Cat Killer??? I'm more scared of the Snake Killer!!

Thats Cuda passing Bud Select :cool:

Semper Fi 06-19-2006 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by hammer01
My .02 Is That Everyone Is Missing The Point About The Press Release. I Think We Can All Figure Out The Validity To The Nature Of The Article. Vp Of Marketing Deserves A Bonus. In The Grand Scheme Of Things As A Boater With A Passion For Fun, Poker Runs, Being On A Boat Period, Forget About The War Of Manufacturers And Make Sure We Are Doing The Right Thing For The Sport. We Are About To Lose Some Of The Priviliges In Poker Runs Due To The Disrespect On The Water. This Is Not Pointing Fingers, But This Thread Talked About Them And Everyone Who Has Been On Poker Runs Has Experienced Some Of These Acts(most Often Times By Inexperienced Drivers). Sorry To Preach But My Family Boats As A Family And That Includes Poker Runs For The"boat Show And Thrill Of It". I Do Not Care Which Manufacturer Wins As Long As We All Make It Back To The Dock Safely And Without Enemies. I Just Trust Those With The 1000 + Hp's That They Have The Drivers/throttles Thinking The Same Way. Looking Forward To The Next Poker Run And Hope To See All These Claims Meeting In The Correct Forum At Loto For The Shootout To See The End Result First Hand.

WELL SAID. Marketing is marketing for sales....period. We all dispute each other fighting about cats vs. V's and Cigarette vs. OL vs. Fountain, etc.....

One thing is for sure, love or hate Reggie Fountain, he does do alot for our sport. I think some of the arguments we have here are pointless. It really doesn't matter if you have a 25' boat or a 47' hot rod, we all enjoy the sport alike. One thing I love about this site is the comroderie and the help if from other OSO'ers. :D

hammer01 06-19-2006 01:09 PM

I Agree, And If It Were Not For Other Boat Manufacturers Raising The Bar In Terms Of Quality And Product, The Sport Would Not Continue To Excel. It Takes Professionals Like Reggie And Robertson, Etc. To Give Us The Research And Dev. But Also Pros That Are Greatly Respected Like John Tomlinson To Say That It Was Time To Back Off During A Kilo Run Because Safety Came First. I Hope All Weekend Warriors, Including Myself, Take Note Of This And Know When The Conditions, The Boat, Your Surroundings, Or Even Just Your Experience Behind The Wheel Are Not Up For The Task To Make A Poor Decision. I Have Not Missed The Loto Shootout For Years Because It Is Truly A Spectacle To See All The Manufacturers In A Wonderfully-ran Event Competing For Honors When Only The Gun Will Tell The Truth.

BigDadys93x 06-19-2006 01:14 PM

I love this thread! I have no love for Reggie or Fountain (a different story for another time) I dont believe what they did at a poker run was right with the way they were running the boat . I will not get involved in the "he said this and he said that" part of the disscussion but what I laugh at is the number of you that are *****ing about your insurance rates going up because of an article. I would think that if you bought a $100,000+ boat you can reach in your pocket and pull out $900- $1500 or what ever the rate a year is for your boat each year. Its like my Grandfather always said if you can afford the toy you can afford everything that goes with it. I proudly pay my premium each year even if it goes up because it is a cheap price to pay for piece of mind.

LostinBoston 06-19-2006 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
I love this thread! I have no love for Reggie or Fountain (a different story for another time) I dont believe what they did at a poker run was right with the way they were running the boat . I will not get involved in the "he said this and he said that" part of the disscussion but what I laugh at is the number of you that are *****ing about your insurance rates going up because of an article. I would think that if you bought a $100,000+ boat you can reach in your pocket and pull out $900- $1500 or what ever the rate a year is for your boat each year. Its like my Grandfather always said if you can afford the toy you can afford everything that goes with it. I proudly pay my premium each year even if it goes up because it is a cheap price to pay for piece of mind.

Its more like going from 10,000 to 12,000 to 16,000. Mine wont increse a dime though but thats another story. I respect reggies acomplishments, but this press release, whether its a lie or not, is still rediculous. Impressive speeds, but untill he faces off agianst dave scott or similar power race cat, he shoudl have kept his mouth shut. It was also wrong of him at key west to say that cats are too dangerous for pleasure boats.

BigDadys93x 06-19-2006 01:36 PM

sorry meant to say 9000-15000

two-air 06-19-2006 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
Thats Cuda passing Bud Select :cool:

Your'e right! I heard Jt say: "Yeah Cuda you passed me and now my Cat insurance will be cancelled!!! How do you feel now!!"
:drink: :drink: