Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Dear Mr. Fountain i have just finished reading you press release on the cat killer. You have earned a great amount of respect in the high performance boating industry in your carrear. I was dissapointed to see your greatest threat sitting on a trailer in pokerrun village at the key west races.
If the hearsay is correct, the 47 outterlimits that i speak of commonly reffered to as "the secret weapon"
was not allowed to compete agianst "cat killer".

Mr. Fountain, you are a marketing expert as evidenced by the "cat killer" press release, as well as
many other of your well thought out marketing moves.

Outerlimits and Fountain powerboats are not really competitors based on their retail pricing.

So one day i hope to see the cat killer and the secret weapon compete in a sanctioned event that is agreeable
to you and "the boy", and recognized world wide.

Win loose or draw-egos put aside-that would be the best marketing move for both companies.

Sincerely,
Ed Burns
Old 06-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

While Rio Roses is surely a very fast boat and was very impressive, part of the story smells like poo..... where is the paragraph that tell the part how they flew through the no wake zone leaving Doctors Lake under the bridge. Total disregard for a marked no wake zone. Was a sad sight to see them go ripping through there, especially with the image poker runs and performance boats have in general these days. After Rio Roses blew through there to build their lead, FWC hauled arse into position to make sure nobody else did the same......
Old 06-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

“The way we built that boat is the way we build the boats for all our customers, with the same lamination schedule,
so the boat that delaminated at key west had the same layup schedule as the rest of thier boats? do new boats come with a roll of shrink wrap? just in case
Old 06-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChromeGorilla
While Rio Roses is surely a very fast boat and was very impressive, part of the story smells like poo..... where is the paragraph that tell the part how they flew through the no wake zone leaving Doctors Lake under the bridge. Total disregard for a marked no wake zone. Was a sad sight to see them go ripping through there, especially with the image poker runs and performance boats have in general these days. After Rio Roses blew through there to build their lead, FWC hauled arse into position to make sure nobody else did the same......

i believe this restriction was lifted the weekend of the poker run.....for the event
Old 06-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeGorilla
We weren't even on plane yet, we still had at least 1/8 of a mile to the start. He passed us Flying!!!!! He was on plane well into the No wake zone. I think the article is very irresponsible for a man in his position. We are having a hell of a time getting insurance already. He makes it sound like we all showed up in full blown race boats with helmets, jackets and were running over 150. That's not the case. Articles like this can only hurt all of us. My insurance for my motion was $4800 last year. I now pay $17,000 for the new boat. Only one isurance company will even write cats. I hope they don't read his artcle.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

No it was not. The only 2 bridges that you did not have to come off plane for the event where The Buckman Bridge and the Shands Bridge. The bridge in question is neither of the 2. It is a small bridge that spans a small passage between the St. Johns and Doctors Lake. The other 2 bridges span across the St. Johns.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Banned

If it was Fiori, or anyone else but Reggie, everyone on here would be singing the high praises to him.

Regardless of the no wake issue, my question is DID ANYONE HAVE A CAT THAT WOULD OUTRUN HIS BOAT?

Again, I'm no Fountain fan, but if he's the fastest, he should get credit, not bashed.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned

As far a statements saying that he alone is going raise the rates of insurance from what he does, is purely rediculous. Do you really think the insurance companies think that in poker runs, they are cruising around daintily with their ladies holding parasols to keep the sun off their delicate skin?

Insurance companies have armies of guys that crunch numbers. They don't have people looking for quotes in magazine to base their rates on.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Only one isurance company will even write cats. I hope they don't read his artcle.
You did read the part about him running a V hull, right?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outran the big cats?
Were there any 47ft+ cats there. The pic shows him against a 42 or 44 MTI. Granted, the mti should be faster, but its not a professional race boat. If he wants to claim he can outrun the supercats he should run against bud select, Callan, and others, not some pleasure boats.

Cuda, i listened to some broadcasts and they were exaggerating the speed of boats. NOt saying it wasnt 161, i just find that hard to believe. The turbine class is limited to 155 max on the course

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.