Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Killer ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132933-cat-killer.html)

RedDog382 06-20-2006 08:12 PM

Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I do not see anything wrong with the press release by Fountain on the Jacksonville Poker run and their boat called Cat Killer. I can not see how this one deal would change anything in the insurance industry. Some people on this site are just so jealous and are looking at anything to bash Fountain they can not see straight.

Fountain has done a lot for the performance industry and all of us should acknowledge that. Fountain's R&D and support of racing is second to no one. :D

Mike,

With all due respect, weren't you the one who started the thread on Ben's motorcycle accident? Aren't you the one who uses his own personal trajedy to discourage others from participatiing in "unsafe" activities?

I'm sure if the back seat had survived the SOTW incident, they would be attempting to discourage this type of reckless pursuit of bragging rights.

I think it's great that Reggie has built a fast boat. But pulling this on a open course and gloating about it in the manner he did is totally irresponsible.

Roger Penske built a fast car too, but I don't think he would turn Sam Hornish and his 240 m.p.h. race car loose to challenge anything on a public highway. I didn't hear him talking about how his car blew away the Corvette pace car.

How about having a little class? If he wants to set records and establish bragging rights, do it on a closed course.

Spine Tingler 06-20-2006 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Superman
I might have missed something, but, where can I find the video of RioRoses "KILLIING" SpeedRacer as Reggie stated. Excuse if I misunderastood that, but, maybe someone can help me out.

Does anyone have an answer?

JCPERF 06-20-2006 08:21 PM

I think its on NICK at NITE :evilb: :evilb:

offshoredrillin 06-20-2006 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Mike,

With all due respect, weren't you the one who started the thread on Ben's motorcycle accident? Aren't you the one who uses his own personal trajedy to discourage others from participatiing in "unsafe" activities?

I'm sure if the back seat had survived the SOTW incident, they would be attempting to discourage this type of reckless pursuit of bragging rights.

I think it's great that Reggie has built a fast boat. But pulling this on a open course and gloating about it in the manner he did is totally irresponsible.

Roger Penske built a fast car too, but I don't think he would turn Sam Hornish and his 240 m.p.h. race car loose to challenge anything on a public highway. I didn't hear him talking about how his car blew away the Corvette pace car.

How about having a little class? If he wants to set records and establish bragging rights, do it on a closed course.

ding ding ding, we have a winner... perfect analogy

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I think its on NICK at NITE :evilb: :evilb:

spongebob is on now:evilb:

modfox21 06-20-2006 08:33 PM

Im like you i cant wait to see the video! lol We know first hand.. OH REGGIE WHERE IS THAT VIDEO PLEASE POST IT!

the duke 06-20-2006 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382

That terrible accident is more of what cause insurance to go up, and people to not look at poker runs kindly. The Fountain Race Boat with Pro's driving in a canopy boat are 1000 times safer than that

You are comparing apples to oranges by using that here.

CAP071 06-20-2006 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by eMotiondriver
CAPO71, Thank you for the hours, of laughing my ass off :drink:

I'm glad I could be here for you eMotiondriver.

I only stand For Truth, Justice, and the American Way! :evilb:

Unfortunately Most can't handle the truth.

Personally I don't think you can, you 4 stroke, 50 HP, cat-toon, half cat half pontoon drivin, 17 wheeler gear shiftin, false teeth wearing, KW rainbow scooter rentin kinda guy you are :D :drink:

the duke 06-20-2006 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Skip is DEAD ON the money.

How are any of the manufacturers going to sell boats if they pull stunts like this which will destroy buyers/owners ability to obtain or afford insurance? Seriously, how many 27-38 stock powered Fountains is Reggie selling because he can run 170+ mph in an example of the Indy-Car equivalent of the go-fast boating industry??????

If Skip is right on. :drink: Then why did Skater/Cig try and set a kilo record? It was on the front page of Powerboat Mag, and all over OSO. This quote from Fountain came from there website, and any other place you see it is just a copy of that.

the duke 06-20-2006 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
I'm glad I could be here for you eMotiondriver.

I only stand For Truth, Justice, and the American Way! :evilb:

Unfortunately Most can't handle the truth.

Personally I don't think you can, you 4 stroke, 50 HP, cat-toon, half cat half pontoon drivin, 17 wheeler gear shiftin, false teeth wearing, KW rainbow scooter rentin kinda guy you are :D :drink:

Its all your fault. You STARTED this thread :blaster: :D

SHOCKWAVE 06-20-2006 08:44 PM

Well, I guess I better weigh in on the race boat thing, since I have been invited back to the Chicago Poker Run by all the great friends we made while we were there last year. After 20+ years on the circuit, I decided to take it down a notch or two and try poker running.I thought it would be fun to take the boat to no pressure events, with no politics, and just meet a lot of new people, show off my stuff and run my boat to have fun, not compete. Hell, I even stopped for lunch! Very different than racing I tell ya.... Wyatt Fountain and I ran the boat about 80-100 mph at best. We got passed many times, but couldn't care less. We were having a ball. When I was at the docks prior to leaving, I saw some of the iron these guys had and said holy crap, we're gonna get embarrassed.But it did not matter, because we did not come to race. Only to have a fun day. Our twin 750 Mercury Supercats were definitely not the largest motors there, believe me. And a bunch of the cats took off at the start, never to be seen again.
We had fun running alongside of other boats giving them a close look at a race boat with them waving and snapping pictures the whole time. I was loving it, and it wasn't about the speed. It was about being there,not having to run balls to the wall, being treated as friends by people we've never met, and getting a chance to run with a whole bunch of other boats with the same idea of having a great,relaxing, enjoyable day.
We relaxed so much that Scott Sjrogren and Wyatt and I almost went to Canada, I swear I saw a maple leaf flag, until we realized that we missed a card stop.
And a word about safety if I may....we went into the event as we go into a race. Switliks, helmets, emergency air. We had them, so why not use them. Between Wyatt and myself we probably have 40 years racing and boating, so I think we were highly qualified to bring our race boat and use it in a safe and courteous manner.It is fully insured, so don't be afraid to run next to me.Take lots of pictures, we love it. I imagine not many people get a chance to ride alongside of a World Speed record holder and Super Vee World Champion, side exhausts screaming, boat riding as if on rails.
It's all about fun. And I had a ball, and will have another one at this years Chicago Poker run. The problem (?) of having a raceboat come to your poker run is not the raceboat's problem. It does create some kind of excitement, seeing something up close that you would ordinarily not see.The real problem is the people in that raceboat and how they conduct themselves.If they think they are there to race, well,maybe they should go back to the racecourse.That's how people get hurt.
I am looking forward to returning to Chicago and see all my new friends from last year. And I think they all would like me to bring The Rio Roses back again.

Regards to all,
Rich Troppoli
Rio Roses