Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Killer ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132933-cat-killer.html)

44MTI 06-21-2006 01:29 PM

Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by blume
Policy?? Boat Insurance??? YOU DON'T HAVE A BOAT.

I have all the above, just not the boat that I want right now. Wanna race????? :evilb: :evilb:

berns29scarab 06-21-2006 01:39 PM

the majority of us involved with these boats have a general idea of what certain boats are capable of. the point trying to be made here is that it doesnt need to be stated, underlined, and bold faced for the WHOLE WORLD TO SEE...heres a point in case where the ole addage SOMETHINGS ARE BETTER OFF LEFT UNSAID applies !!! it doesnt make a difference who made the statement but the fact it was made knowing that the performance boating industry is under the microscope as it is. i'm a fan of all boats, cat, v, hydro, outboard, I/O, turbine etc...as well as all manufacturers.

44MTI 06-21-2006 01:42 PM

Exactly

blume 06-21-2006 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I have all the above, just not the boat that I want right now. Wanna race????? :evilb: :evilb:

NOOO!!!! Big Daddy.....I don't own a "Cat Killer" Well come to think about it, all I would need for your trade in would be a "Kitten Killer"

sakoutis3 06-21-2006 02:07 PM

This thread is killing me. Enough already. Have a drink take a pill or what ever else you guys do to calm down. Jeez :eek:

rouxsterre 06-21-2006 02:12 PM

Does the Catalina Race go around the island - or just to Avalon and back ?
It seems there is an extra 20+ miles there somewhere.
The water on the backside of Catalina shortens your boat by about 5 feet, especially if you keep the island to starboard.

As I remember, the 'old' Catalina race would go outside the island.

Jonas 06-21-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I'll put a street Monte Carlo up against Dale Jrs any day..:rolleyes:...I never bashed beaks or reggie, but this idotic statement is too much even for him... Oh, and poker runs arent a race Mr Fountain...It's these types of statements that will be the downfall of the sport. Wonder what he will say when no one can afford insurance and his boats don't sell...

get real, why do you think people spend this kind of money and why do you think the bar gets raised every yr,
its the nature of the beast,, its not going to change, i have not been to any poker runs where it doesnt turn into a raging ego run,
if it wasnt for the adrenaline rush, that happens in this situation we would all be in 14 to 24 ft bayliners with force 25 to 85 hp outboards..
people will pay big money for the bragging rights got to the 1st stop 1st.
not many folks will spend 750k to 1.5 mil for a skater, omti , nortech or OL to go toodle around at the back of the pack they generally run em hard and it turns into what some would view as a race,
my thoughts,
i know i get fired up but my revlimiter in the left bolster would cut me off forever if i let our boat loose, and its not even fast in comparison, its only a measly 100mph boat.

THEJOKER 06-21-2006 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look it happened again!

racer-x6 06-21-2006 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sleek1
El Indio,
Nice pics. Is that her on the cover of Playboy in the background? :rolleyes:

What is sad is that the only person that noticed the only hot girl in this thread was sleek1 :eek: except me :D
very nice el indo :drink:

the duke 06-21-2006 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Wrong again, my policy states : any race or speed contest.".

I didn't say YOUR policy. I said what MY policy says.

MY policy doesn't have the word race in it anywhere.