Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-25-2006, 03:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by woogie
What's new... Reggie has been doing this for years. He used to bring Ohio Steel to Poker Runs back in the early 90's and run flat out to every card stop. Most of the big Poker Runs are a sample of Offshore boaters - everything from families with the dog to closed canopies. Some want to casually run and some want to run hot - just like any other day on the water. If you don't want to engage another boat the choice is yours. If the Host's don't want the speed at their event then put a pace boat out.

Just because Reggie does his usual Barnum Bailey thing doesn't mean anything has changed. We have known for years that he will seize any opportunity to present his product and himself - its his job.
I agree.....people forget how much he was out back in the day....pleeeze.....now he smokes a few and he is criticized....
Old 06-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by woogie
What's new... Reggie has been doing this for years. He used to bring Ohio Steel to Poker Runs back in the early 90's and run flat out to every card stop. Most of the big Poker Runs are a sample of Offshore boaters - everything from families with the dog to closed canopies. Some want to casually run and some want to run hot - just like any other day on the water. If you don't want to engage another boat the choice is yours. If the Host's don't want the speed at their event then put a pace boat out.

Just because Reggie does his usual Barnum Bailey thing doesn't mean anything has changed. We have known for years that he will seize any opportunity to present his product and himself - its his job.

Exactly....!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RedDog,

well said, I don't mean to be beating people up about the mere mention of this accident, but I do not agree with the comparison. Unfortunately in this situation in jacksonville could have been catastrophic, and could have been viewed as pre-meditated carelessness. Especcially when somebody is pushing 150+ through no wake zones and endangering everybody around them.

The Jacksonville poker run is a good event that was put on to support local law enforcement, not piss them off.

Like most people has said in this thread, this is nothing new from Reggie, he does what it takes to win races, even when they weren't races to begin with........
Old 06-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedDog382
In this particular case, the guys in the Fountain race boat would probably be the safest ... it's everyone else that wouldn't have a chance.

If you watch the video closely, you can see other boats in the not so distant background heading in the opposite direction of the race boat in question. If that boat is travelling at 170 mph and the oncoming (non-participating) boats are travelling say 50 mph, closing speed is in excess of 220 mph. To me, that just plain lacks common sense.
I see you chose to ignore the fact the cats were running 150 plus as well.
I guess we pull out the Fountain and ignore all the other 120 plus mph boats that were in attendance? I watched another poker run video here a while back and the guy was doing 160 mph with a bunch of passengers and I heard ZERO complaints. Why is that?

Get two 110 mph boats going the opposite direction and what do you have if they collide? The same collision speeds.

Your assertion also lacks common sense.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fanatic
I watched another poker run video here a while back and the guy was doing 160 mph with a bunch of passengers and I heard ZERO complaints. Why is that?

Because it wasn't Reggie.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fanatic
I watched another poker run video here a while back and the guy was doing 160 mph with a bunch of passengers and I heard ZERO complaints. Why is that?.

Because Reggie wasn't in that video. If this didn't involve Fountain, this thread and the others would be on Page 50 by now.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:37 PM

Cuda,

Stop typing faster than I can
Old 06-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered

Face it. Reggie Fountain could cure cancer, and end world hunger, and OSO would still be talking about his hair . . .
Old 06-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Because it wasn't Reggie.
Yep.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Face it. Reggie Fountain could cure cancer, and end world hunger, and OSO would still be talking about his hair . . .
Buy you have to admit he should cut his "Presley" do and he'd look 100 times better and far more professional.

Donald Trump could even give him hair pointers !

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.