Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Baja 30OL or Sunsation32SS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132967-baja-30ol-sunsation32ss.html)

trimman 06-18-2006 08:49 AM

Re: Baja 30OL or Sunsation32SS

Sunsations customer service is second to none, i have a 14 year old 25 'sunsation i can call the factory talk to joe (1 of the owners) about an issue, ! their glass work is excellent, i don't have a single stress crack! we are looking to upgrade after this season and another sunsation is high on out list! Boatme we'll be up by you next weekend in spring lake what kind of sunsation inventory do you have? Theres a buch of us sunsation folk coming over !

PWRQWST 06-18-2006 11:17 AM

Have not owned either but from the friends that I have with both, and the times I have rode on them both I would have to say Sunsation all the way. There fit and finish is excellent and they put more time into each boat. Yes they are a smaller company but that is what makes them better in my opinion. You can call the factory and get the owner, I dont know if you can call Baja (or Brunswick) and get the owner. 525 with ITS would be a great set up. I suggest you go into the Sunsation section and talk to them over there they will answer all your question. You should just call Sunsation dirrect and talk to an owner and try to call Baja and see what happens. What ever you do good luck with your decision and enjoy what ever you buy. :D

Rich.

Dun Canoein 06-18-2006 03:11 PM

You guys are a great help. I have tentatively booked a flight to spend this Wednesday at the factory pending their schedule there.

Jupiter Sunsation...I hope it goes exactly as you say. If I like the boat, it's a done deal.

Capo71.....thank you
99Fever27.....Thanks for the welcome....sure glad I found you guys as it's been a huge education for me so far.
Baha Baha Bob.....I mean BeachBob!!!!....thanks.
RainorShine.....great to hear that you had the Baja experience and then the Sunsation and like the later better. I have only had a 25 OL(good boat)but let me tell you, the poor service I am receiving from Baja direct and their dealers leaves alot to be desired.
Trimman....Good service is important to me as well.
Boatme......Marc, I'm calling your cell as soon as I'm finished this post to discuss some numbers with you.

Thanks again guys!!

Mentalpause 06-18-2006 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dun Canoein
You guys are a great help. I have tentatively booked a flight to spend this Wednesday at the factory pending their schedule there.

Jupiter Sunsation...I hope it goes exactly as you say. If I like the boat, it's a done deal.

Capo71.....thank you
99Fever27.....Thanks for the welcome....sure glad I found you guys as it's been a huge education for me so far.
Baha Baha Bob.....I mean BeachBob!!!!....thanks.
RainorShine.....great to hear that you had the Baja experience and then the Sunsation and like the later better. I have only had a 25 OL(good boat)but let me tell you, the poor service I am receiving from Baja direct and their dealers leaves alot to be desired.
Trimman....Good service is important to me as well.
Boatme......Marc, I'm calling your cell as soon as I'm finished this post to discuss some numbers with you.

Thanks again guys!!

You will enjoy the trip to the factory. All the folks there are great. When you get back give me an update on my boat they are building. It should be easy to find. If you take a camera take some pictures also.

Jupiter Sunsation 06-18-2006 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
You will enjoy the trip to the factory. All the folks there are great. When you get back give me an update on my boat they are building. It should be easy to find. If you take a camera take some pictures also.

It will be the one with the cobbwebs on it and the sign that says that if the owner calls tell him we are working on it now.....

John, Boat looks awesome and last post by Slaminator said next week they are shooting #2 so that sounds promising for your boat (as in they are almost done)

Lucky Strike Jr 06-18-2006 06:21 PM

Hideaway Marina is also a Sunsation dealer. They have a few on the floor. Call Eddie and tell him Bobby Berk sent you! 954-943-3200

Mentalpause 06-18-2006 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
It will be the one with the cobbwebs on it and the sign that says that if the owner calls tell him we are working on it now.....

John, Boat looks awesome and last post by Slaminator said next week they are shooting #2 so that sounds promising for your boat (as in they are almost done)

I agree - they have to get mine out of there in order to have room to rig the second one.

CAP071 06-18-2006 07:51 PM

I seen the 4th one advertised on the web somewhere. I think it was on Boattrader.com it said boat #4

Mentalpause 06-18-2006 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
I seen the 4th one advertised on the web somewhere. I think it was on Boattrader.com it said boat #4

I think that is going to a dealer in Michigan. I heard the guy who is getting boat number 2 decided to try the new Merc 700s. Boat 3 goes to Hideaway with a pair of 850s.

CAP071 06-18-2006 07:56 PM

I can't wait to see the finished boat. I really do think they are gonna be stealing customers away from other boat companies once they get rolling these bad boys out. :evilb: