Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Python Powerboats - help in Cinci?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132997-python-powerboats-help-cinci.html)

Playn 06-17-2006 09:25 PM

Re: Python Powerboats - help in Cinci??

Originally Posted by FeverMike
back in the mid to late 90's I looked at a few Pythons. You really need to go over these boats with a fine tooth comb and get it professionally surveyed! Trust me get it surveyed..lots of wood in these boats!

Yep, I was purchasing a 95 a few years back....until we found a rotten transom..

bouyhunter 06-18-2006 06:53 AM

Does anyone know a surveyor in the area?

ThunderBoat39 08-01-2006 02:20 PM

we just took a 2000 24 on consignment. This the the first one I have actually seen other than a picture. Looks like a solid boat and I like the hull design. I am Impressed with the quality to include the vinyn.

cosmic12 08-01-2006 03:25 PM

pics ???? any pics???

10x 08-01-2006 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by scarrab30
Since the death of Jim Clark the molds for the python have been sold to Tom Nabbers who owns capt.Nabbers marine repair. He is located in Morris Ill. He is very well known in the area around Ill and the midwest for excellent custom and repair works. He is planning to build a 24 30 34.

I was just there the other day. Seen his hew dash layout mold. He's gonna tweak these boats a little and they're gonna look even better. I was there when the truck dropped off all the molds. He's changing the bottom a little for more speed and stability.
Nabber's really a great place for all your fiberglass and gelcoat needs. He's done alot of the big HP offshore boats in the area. He did the bottom on our Fountain last winter, and he told me what I was looking to gain. He was on the money all the way. His pricing is really fair compared to the great quality of work that leaves his shop.
I've yet to hear anyone complain that Nabber overcharged them, or the quality of his work was unsatisfactory.

You might want to contact him about his work, especially if you're planning to buy that 24. He's got a sharp lookin dash layout that'll really update your new boat.

Frank

Here's Tom McNabber's phone # 1-815-941-1546.....Good luck on your new venture.

CFD12 08-01-2006 05:02 PM

I beleive the guy at Advanced Marine Service in Cleves, OH is a surveyor. phone # is 513-467-9336.

bouyhunter 08-01-2006 05:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ThunderBoat39
we just took a 2000 24 on consignment. This the the first one I have actually seen other than a picture. Looks like a solid boat and I like the hull design. I am Impressed with the quality to include the vinyn.

Any Pics??

The one I was looking at sold before I had all my "poop-in-a-group".

Since it's sold now, and I didn't want to post any pic's until/if it became mine (Bad Ju-Ju, ya' know).
This is the one I was looking at.

THEJOKER 08-01-2006 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This guy coul tell you anything about the 24 Python. Yep it's Jim Clark. Jim was a different breed! I'll never forget when I built my 1st 28 and picked him up at his dock. He was so impressed. My boat was set up with port side throttles (race) and I let Jim run the boat WOT (He was drunk). He loved the boat and replied " I love the 2nd throttles , impossible to get a BUI with me throttling and you driving" RIP JIM!