Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who Really Was First (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133008-who-really-first.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-18-2006 06:18 PM

Re: Who Really Was First

Originally Posted by P Offshore
I was told "JET SET" did it again
But that is not the old Hoist 36.

After looking at the registration board, Jet Set was not registered.

Perhaps he was just out for an afternoon drive? :confused:

In that case he wouldn't have any reason to pull in for a card stop...

Therefore, "MAXED OUT" would be the 1st one back to the docks in this event.

See my photos of the event by clicking the link below.... :drink:

Rik 06-18-2006 11:46 PM

When Mike got there and was writing the check for the entry fee. Billy told him there was no "King of the Hudson" this year, no trophy or anything else. Mike then said 'Why am I here then? Entry fee, launch fee, meal tickets fee, etc..

Mike said he would just leave his boat on the trailer then and not run.

Billy told him to run the run for free so that Mike could "Put on a good show" for the event. And this Mike did but Billy did not tell him the others would not be "going for it".

So, the first boat to the bridge was Jet Set.

blume 06-18-2006 11:59 PM

Man are ya'll confused. One group is talking Jacksonville and one group NY. Jet set was in NY. who was first???? OSO is suppose to be getting the tape from one of the helicopters that taped the run, then we all can see what really happened at the Jacksonville poker run.

Semper Fi 06-19-2006 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
Thanks Laster I Didnt Know I Was Going To Be Graded On My Post. Just Thought Maybe Someone Knew The Answer To The Question. Not Just A Bunch Of English Teachers Who Didnt Know The Answer And Just Wanted To Rack Up Posts.

We were trying to understand your post. It was written poorly for anyone to really make sense.....that's all. I am not an English teacher either :evilb:

JJONES 06-19-2006 01:54 AM

Rumor has it:At the poker run were Reggie was an old 36 Skater named Hoist Racing was first to the card stop :drink: JUST WANTED TO GIVE IT A TRY!!!!!!!!!

Fanatic 06-19-2006 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by JJONES
Rumor has it:At the poker run were Reggie was an old 36 Skater named Hoist Racing was first to the card stop :drink: JUST WANTED TO GIVE IT A TRY!!!!!!!!!

Rumor has it that Reggie a 36 year old, was playing poker and had to get up fast like he was racing because he had the runs.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-19-2006 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rik
And this Mike did but Billy did not tell him the others would not be "going for it".

Going for what ? :confused:

There was no award for King of the Hudson or 1st to the bridge.

All bets aside though, Yes Mike was out there, he was the 1st to the GW, and from what I can tell he was 1st to the TZ as well as the 1st boat back....
I don't think anyone would have expected anything less.... :drink:

Downtown42 06-19-2006 10:19 AM

english is my worst subject....D's and F's :evilb: