HELP!!! Dealer blew my motor! >

HELP!!! Dealer blew my motor!

Notices

HELP!!! Dealer blew my motor!

Old 06-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Re: HELP!!! Dealer blew my motor!

Your membership doesn't show where your from but is there a chance boat froze? I have seen quite a few motors with freeze damage from not being winterized properly,they usually crack inside the lifter valley,rarely do they push out the core plugs(everyone calls them freeze plugs but thats not really why they are there). Was dealer selling it supposed to winterize it,maybe you live in fla but thought I'd ask,Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 06-18-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best course of action. Sue Merc. Sue the Marina. Sue the owner Merc.Sue owner wife and kids Marina. Sue salesman. Sue builder. Sue all clients demoed boat. Sue the lawyers. Sue everyone works there. Sue anyone within 10 miles radius of incident. Then Sue Judge. If all fails go postal or call that buddy you went to school with that just got of jail for beating chit out his last boss. Email me I take care of it
Old 06-18-2006, 04:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ed Where DO you Live ??.. It sounds like Your Engine May heve froze that also can cause the milky oil.. (Cracked Block/Heads) As well as the above Items You need to Talk To the Owner Of the Marina!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a marina blow a head gasket in my boat. I had supercharged motors and knew that this could happen. I did not hold them responsible. I had them fix it. After the repair they took it for a sea trial and blew both motors!!! Fortunately they said it was their fault and completely re-built both motors at no charge. This was good and bad. Yea they rebuilt them, but what parts did they use, and how good of a job did they do???

They must return your boat "in like or similar condition" That is a legal term!! Don't tbe afraid to use it!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered

I totaly feel for you! I had the EXACT same situation happen with a yard on Long Island as well , 3 years ago, EXACT! If they rebuild your engines they will never be the same, trust me, in my experince they did a rebuild and those engines failed as well, after a year and a half of BS stories and run around, had them order 2 new 500EFI's, gave them Nothing, when he gave me the bill, I laughed, told him that the engine's he blew might have had 70 hours but they where still working when he had them. My down time was 16 mos total, which was about 1500 per month for my loan that I still had to pay while my boat was sitting there, plus my old enigines equal 2 new 500 EFI's! With shock on his face, I just kept telling him over and over HOW DOES IT FEEL! Dont get mad get even!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope he burnt his lips........mark..........P.S.............any one ever lose one on the dyno?That really smarts.............m.m...........
Old 06-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Local marina (wilson marine) was working on a boat with old 600sc's,owner of marina was trying to get motors tuned for boat owner. He was cruising down the river without the owner in the boat and a connecting rod snapped in half taking out most of motor ,motor had oil pressure so it wasn't like he wasn't watching gauges,told boat owner sorry but not responsible.
Still haven't heard if yoiu live were motor could have froze,could have been a weak antifreeze mix with some water trapped in block or improper winterizing,Smitty
Old 06-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Registered

I may be wrong but aren't the 525's closed cooled and not subject to frozen block? I know there are other areas that do get fresh water but could that have caused milky oil due to freezing?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 937 Likes on 471 Posts

They demo'd the boat once for sure..maybe twice....and there's 5 hours of run time on the engines?!? I dont know what kind of demo's others have been on, but the ones i've taken in the past have never run longer then 1/2 hr tops....sounds to me like someone was out playing on the boat......

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 06-19-2006 at 09:45 AM. Reason: i kant speeell!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: HELP!!! Dealer blew my motor!

Originally Posted by beachbob
Best course of action. Sue Merc. Sue the Marina. Sue the owner Merc.Sue owner wife and kids Marina. Sue salesman. Sue builder. Sue all clients demoed boat. Sue the lawyers. Sue everyone works there. Sue anyone within 10 miles radius of incident. Then Sue Judge. If all fails go postal or call that buddy you went to school with that just got of jail for beating chit out his last boss. Email me I take care of it
I needed that! Too Funny!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Dealer blew my motor!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.