Notices

Darwin Award???

Old 06-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darwin Award???

So I dropped the Outlaw in the water in one of our local lakes here in Northern MI, and did some cruising around with the wife. After a bit she wanted to do some tanning so I pulled up to the local island/sandbar area to relax. After about 20 minutes of being there, a couple older cruiser boats pulled up in the same area we were in. After a bit the guys wandered over and were checking our boat out and such, and then they went back to their boats. A little later they pull anchor and take off for a spin. A couple minutes later they come pulling back in and their boat is knocking and clanging like crazy. So out of curiosity, I wander over just as the guy is pulling up his hatch, and could not believe what I saw. When he pulled the hatch, I heard a loud hissing noise, and looked down and saw two propane tanks for the small camping grilles stored right next to the engine. The knocking sound was from one of the bottles that had wedged itself down under the front pulley, and somehow had punctured the bottle to where it was leaking propane. So needless to say, I pulled anchor and moved about 500 yards from where they were so I didnt have a chance to catch any shrapnel if something blew. I was just amazed at how stupid some people could be to store propane tanks in the engine compartment and then to let them get loose in there and roll around, so I thought I would share, lol.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Darwin Award???

That definately ranks right up there in the moron category. That guy needs thinking lessons.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
That definately ranks right up there in the moron category. That guy needs thinking lessons.
I dont think that thinking lessons will solve this one. He was obviously thinking when he placed them there.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

After the hatch was lifted, and you RAN, did the owner continue to just keep looking into the engine bay? did he attempt to get the tanks out?

Did he fire up a doobie and contiue to "think" about it?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered

I certainly didnt stick around, lol. I just pulled anchor and moved. He didnt seem to concerned about it, which was the wierd part. When I walked over to the boat I did notice a garbage bag hanging off the throttle 3/4 full of beer cans, so Im guessing that had something to do with how concerned he was.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It amazes me how many stupid people are in the world with absolutely no commom sense.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
It amazes me how many stupid people are in the world with absolutely no commom sense.
I was pretty shocked myself, that anyone in their right mind would think to do that in the first place. Propane tanks next to a hot motor, rolling around? Nah, it'll be fine in there, lol.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's in the same class as the guy we saw last year with a grill hanging off the stern. He used gasoline to light his charcoal grill. It looked like something out of the Simpson's when he lit it....big fireball and a mushroom cloud.
We weren't the only ones to pull up anchor and move to a safer distance.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was his last name Dumas???
Old 06-19-2006, 11:34 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have called the CG or whichever authority patrols that lake, that dumbass is likely to kill someone. A few hundred dollars in fines might give him a better perspective

Quick Reply: Darwin Award???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.