Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's Saber? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133023-whos-saber.html)

LEOPAJM 06-20-2006 07:08 AM

Re: Who's Saber?

Thanks guys ! The boys up at Saber have done it again !!!

Hope to have some new pics up after the Apachefest this weekend on Lake Erie !!!!

FF2 ... think I can bring this thing up to Lake George this summer ??? :drink:

glassdave 06-20-2006 07:18 AM

Jerry are you doing the LEOPA run in July? boat looks great!

LEOPAJM 06-20-2006 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave
Jerry are you doing the LEOPA run in July? boat looks great!

Yep !

Thanks Dave !

clc900 06-20-2006 08:22 AM

Whatever happened to Wicked Won? Was this a triple engine boat? Also the maroon with white/yellow flames was painted blue with white/yellow flames correct?? Whatever happened to that boat?? I remember seeing that one at SOTW a few years back.

Sweet Pics!!

dockrocker 06-20-2006 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
That is one clean looking Saber! :drink: I am actually tired of all these crazy paint jobs on boats....sometimes the plain look is calssier

Amen! Some might even say it's classier too! ;) :D

Nauti Kitty 06-20-2006 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by clc900
Whatever happened to Wicked Won? Was this a triple engine boat? Also the maroon with white/yellow flames was painted blue with white/yellow flames correct?? Whatever happened to that boat?? I remember seeing that one at SOTW a few years back.

Sweet Pics!!

Wicked Won is at Saber right now getting a little fixin and will be running on Lake Erie in Sandusky this weekend. It has always been a staggered 1100 sterling with #6's boat.

The triple 900 cheif engine boat, blue with flames, is at the warf in Grand Haven and is running all the time. It was slightly repainted two years ago. My boat was the original Tadpole with triple 650's and bravos. It's a little different now. Staggered 950 cheifs and #6's :D
Jerry's is the fourth with 1075 mercs and it is very nice in person. Very classic but with some more modern updates it is running 104 and was run as fast as 108 last fall. Three and maybe all four will be running this weekend in lake erie. NK

Nauti Kitty 06-20-2006 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by el indio
was it a 3 motor boat that was in i think powerboat mag?..........m.m.....

Hi Mark.
That article was done on my boat. Saber's first 41. Some nice updates from them on both my boat and the new ones. Hope to see ya boating this summer. NK

Nauti Kitty 06-20-2006 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by BGIII
Yes it was. Staggered twins now w/ Sixes.

Bill
Your boat was running great this saturday. I was shocked you and your wife were sitting. I wish I had a camera because you would have liked the pics. Really nice air. Looking great. NK

LEOPAJM 06-20-2006 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Wicked Won is at Saber right now getting a little fixin and will be running on Lake Erie in Sandusky this weekend. It has always been a staggered 1100 sterling with #6's boat.

The triple 900 cheif engine boat, blue with flames, is at the warf in Grand Haven and is running all the time. It was slightly repainted two years ago. My boat was the original Tadpole with triple 650's and bravos. It's a little different now. Staggered 950 cheifs and #6's :D
Jerry's is the fourth with 1075 mercs and it is very nice in person. Very classic but with some more modern updates it is running 104 and was run as fast as 108 last fall. Three and maybe all four will be running this weekend in lake erie. NK

Yeah Baby !!! I can't wait !!!!! :cool:

BGIII 06-20-2006 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Bill
Your boat was running great this Saturday. I was shocked you and your wife were sitting. I wish I had a camera because you would have liked the pics. Really nice air. Looking great. NK

We sort of sit/stand. Bolsters are fully retracted but they still stick out a little bit in the back and catch your butt. Thanks for the compliment, I learn a little bit more every time out, someday maybe I'll be able to drive it the way it's meant to be driven. Renae is finally learning how to flex her knees and hold herself in so we can still go fast (and she still has fun) when it starts getting a little lumpy out.