Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nyc Poker Run Get The Message! >

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Notices

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Old 06-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

The first time I ever even heard of a poker run, was sometime in the late 70's. A couple of buddies and I were staying in Marathon, in the Keys, fishing. There were a bunch of locals that were going from bar to bar on the water, having a couple drinks, and picking up a card, just like now. I think they had a five dollar pool for the winner at the end. It was mostly flats boats, center consoles, and even a couple smaller commercial boats. They were all having fun just being together, and joking with each other. I guarantee, each one of them had as much fun as anyone that ran the NYC poker run yesterday.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by spyder360
-snip-There are other clubs such as Ferrari and Porsche that have events that don't cost anywhere near these prices, including Track Time.
Man did you hit the nail on the head!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

we did the lake Hartwell poker run about a month ago we had a ball cost was small compared to most of the other runs i have done . did we have big boats yes we did and a lot of nice hardware there also i will have to say i enjoyed this run as much as any i have ever done
Old 06-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Banned

if nyc is going to charge a primium price thank it should put on a primium event. From what I heard it is a one day event with no big dinners or lunch. jacksonville last week was one of the best, organized runs I have beem to, scope being the best
Old 06-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Registered

once you have been to Jacksonville it's hard to justify the rest you get your moneys worth there and then some. and it does not mater what size boat you are in $25000 boat or $100.000.000 boat at the get togathers everyone is the same, egos are left at home. Bill does a great job year after year
Old 06-18-2006, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh jeez, here we go again!

Sorry, I cannot agree with spyder when this his only is third post and only a registered member! There have been years we've ran in the run and years we chose to watch on the side. Yeah go ahead and complain that the NY run is expensive, blah blah blah. Anything and everything the involves "NYC" is! And you can't compare car clubs to boat clubs! When all is said ad done. Most runs seems to run around the same amount of $. When you add up the entry fee, docking, hotel room(s), food and drink it usually is all around the same. So get off you high horse and just accept it. In recent light of all the bad publicity Poker Runs have gotten, why would you add fuel to the fire. Cause one day with enough complaints that we have in this area, you may not be able to just spectate this run

I enjoyed being in the run and meeting up with friends in LL. I enjoyed seeing some friends up by the Tappan Zee just throwing us a wave hello. Sometimes even the simple pleasures are expensive. So, um, get over it.

Last edited by Lucididee; 06-18-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

PS - I'm also glad we entered cause otherwise we would not have been able to lend a hand in helping out our friend that was stranded up the Hudson.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucididee

Sorry, I cannot agree with spyder when this his only is third post and only a registered member! There have been years we've ran in the run and years we chose to watch on the side. Yeah go ahead and complain that the NY run is expensive, blah blah blah. Anything and everything the involves "NYC" is! And you can't compare car clubs to boat clubs! When all is said ad done. Most runs seems to run around the same amount of $. When you add up the entry fee, docking, hotel room(s), food and drink it usually is all around the same. So get off you high horse and just accept it. In recent light of all the bad publicity Poker Runs have gotten, why would you add fuel to the fire. Cause one day with enough complaints that we have in this area, you may not be able to just spectate this run

I enjoyed being in the run and meeting up with friends in LL. I enjoyed seeing some friends up by the Tappan Zee just throwing us a wave hello. Sometimes even the simple pleasures are expensive. So, um, get over it.

We did the run as well and it was great to see everyone...guys like STEET who came up from the Carolinas as he does every year to do this run....is it expensive YES....is it worth it..That depends on what price you put on it to see and running with old freinds and entertainment. As far as I am concerned you cannot put a price on FUN and FRIENDSHIP. I believe at some point the course will be cleared of spectators as well. They have little on NO regard for the runners and in many cases get in the way by getting way to close to the course lines so they can get good pics or videos. It's nice to have a fan base but safety will eventually make the rules going forward. We had blast as always.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucididee

Sorry, I cannot agree with spyder when this his only is third post and only a registered member!
What does his post # and only being a registered member have to do with his opinion?? Would you disregard a post from Reggie Fountain because it was his 1st?? I doubt it.

I don't agree with what he said, but he still has the right to say it.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
Would you disregard a post from Reggie Fountain because it was his 1st?? I doubt it.
Yes I would!

Quick Reply: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.