Nyc Poker Run Get The Message! >

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Notices

Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Old 06-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
If you have a boat capable of running in the in any poker run and elect not to pay and just run with the paying boats than I feel you are being cheap. If you can afford the boat you can afford any poker run. The promoters go thru alot of time, effort and money to put these on and for you to bypass that and just run along side is wrong. I guess it is time to sell your boat and run in your car clubs, You can team up with Jeffrey Chang and Gary Sanchez and hang out at starbucks coffee houses comparing your car payments.
I agree.....i did see alot of boats that were not in the run...and there were no navigation problems as i could see ...i though it was great....yes there was not as many boats...no biggie.....and I must say that oso people are nice and help you out when needed....
Old 06-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Byrdman
I agree.....i did see alot of boats that were not in the run...and there were no navigation problems as i could see ...i though it was great....yes there was not as many boats...no biggie.....and I must say that oso people are nice and help you out when needed....

some even hit you with beverages on the fly...
Old 06-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lucididee
PS - I'm also glad we entered cause otherwise we would not have been able to lend a hand in helping out our friend that was stranded up the Hudson.
Yes...thank you...dee and mtm.......and you too stecz....

Last edited by Byrdman; 06-18-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In reference to my thread, my suggestion was to consider options to make it more enjoyable for ALL regardless of what type of Rig you run or how deep your pockets are. I had run in the last 5 with several other boats from my area South Shore L.I., 5 cigarettes and 2 apaches, none had entered this year. It's quite obvious we were not the only one's who felt the same way, and yes it's the money issue. Nothing wrong with trying to make if more affordable, you never know, lower the cost and you might increase the entries by double
Old 06-18-2006, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately I don't see the NYC run ever being afforable. Prices usually go up and so does insurance and all that goes with it.
This year our choice was to do the NYC or AC poker run. (It was either a higher entry fee or two tanks of gas It's all about the same.)
Old 06-18-2006, 10:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes...thank you...dee and mtm.......and you too stecz....
Any time!

See ya next Sunday @ Point.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:39 AM
Registered

Beverages and Choffeur's are what your friends are all about. The "Evil Ways" Crew got choffeured in Style back to Liberty Landing with Stevie Ray Vaugn playing on the CD.......

Oh yeh and we had Sandwich's in the cooler. Sorry we did not share any with you and Jeffy. But 5 fat boys don't give up food too easily....
Old 06-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
I to was flying up the river and back.92 to101 but when I saw some boats in my path I pulled the sticks back Duh.
We saw you on your way back by the TZ, boat looked and sounded great!!

We didn't enter not for financial reasons, more because of logistical problems and babysitting issues
Old 06-19-2006, 05:02 AM
Registered

PE

You going to be out east this weekend.. I think I am going to my friends house in Sag Harbor again this weekend.. Let me know...

Don
Old 06-19-2006, 05:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Titan
PE

You going to be out east this weekend.. I think I am going to my friends house in Sag Harbor again this weekend.. Let me know...

Don
Yes, heading out on Thurs. I think Sat I will cross the Sound to meet the Conn. boys who are coming to Claudio's. Interested???

Quick Reply: Nyc Poker Run Get The Message!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.