Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Poker Run with Historic Racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133063-nyc-poker-run-historic-racers.html)

Top Banana 06-20-2006 03:11 PM

Re: NYC Poker Run with Historic Racers

Originally Posted by gotime34
Top Banana...That is my 36' Warlock Cat Next to Dry Martini. Man was that boat amazing to see and hear (LOUD :eek: :eek:). And if RonP was the guy who backed it into that spot...He has some serious talent with those crash boxes. Great Job at the event!

Thanks...it is just a start but we hope the interest will be there over the next couple of years.

I don't know who backed it in, but crash boxes were always a way to get spectators to become part of the action....they had to jump in front of the race boats to prevent them from crashing into other boats.

The usual method was to leave one engine in reverse and one in forward and ease into a dock space. Sounds easy, but the old race engines were never easy to start or keep running at low speeds.

J-Bonz 06-20-2006 03:17 PM

That boat sounded just as good or even better than some of the 1075 merc powered machines. Saw it come back out after the poker run for a spin Who ever was driving did a drive by the harbor police and got on it pretty good!!!! No throttle choppin there!! It was great. It brought a big smile to my dad and I
Jr.!

lucy 06-20-2006 03:26 PM

that is what is all about Jr.

Top Banana 06-20-2006 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by lucy

Now there is a girl that knows her offshore history!!!

Stormrider 06-20-2006 06:52 PM

lucy, your 41 sounds better than any of the new stuff i've heard recently. :D

J-Bonz 06-20-2006 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by lucy

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron P 06-20-2006 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by gotime34
Top Banana...That is my 36' Warlock Cat Next to Dry Martini. Man was that boat amazing to see and hear (LOUD :eek: :eek:). And if RonP was the guy who backed it into that spot...He has some serious talent with those crash boxes. Great Job at the event!

Not me, that was Danny Crank backing her in. They wouldn't let me touch anything except the steering wheel. :D

If you're interested, Dry Martini will be racing in Point Pleasant this Sunday. Be there for the AMF - Jersey Boyz Offshore Grand Prix hosted by Jenkinsons. The Point Pleasant legacy continues.

1waterboy1 06-20-2006 10:58 PM

Great to see that Dry Martini is racing this Sunday.The boat is a true classic that can still run, and it does sound awesome!
I hope they have a strong run in the very competitive P4 class.

Surgin' General 06-20-2006 11:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Charlie,

Congrats on the event. Hope you can get down here to Maryland and root out some oldies here around the bay I'm sure Art Lily and some of the locals might have a boat or two to show off.. You know I'm partial to a certain brand.

Look forward to the next event...

SG

BODYSHOT1 06-22-2006 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice shots...Great Job TB!

I too have some great memories of Inferno...had a ball!

Looks great Dave, sorry I missed ya...

Marty