Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Royal Purple Poker Run - Blind River Bar rant (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133092-royal-purple-poker-run-blind-river-bar-rant.html)

X-Rated30 06-18-2006 08:26 PM

Royal Purple Poker Run - Blind River Bar rant

I just had to b!tch about something that happened yesterday during the Royal Purple Poker Run. We headed to Blind River Bar for a card stamp. We got there and decided to eat. There were four of us and we all had burgers and boudin and crawfish balls and drinks. We ate and drank and looked at boats and had a nice time in general.

When we got ready to leave, we bought 18 beers to go. I figured we would get a discount for buying it still in the packs, but they would only sell it at the regular price - $2.25 each. Well no big deal, after all they are a bar not a convenience store. Then we got a big bag of ice to ice it down. I figure we spent right around a hundred bucks in the forty-five minutes that we were there.

When we were getting on the boat to leave, we decided to take off some trash (bottles, cans and ice bags). All of the trash fit in the 12-pack box and the 6-pack carton we had just bought. One of the girls walked it about 50 yards back to the bar to throw it in the trash can (as opposed to just leaving it on the dock). Some lady who seemed to be in charge told her she couldn't use their trash can. When she came back and told me I just assumed there was some misunderstanding. I walked back with her and explained to the lady we weren't just passing through, but had just eaten and bought the beer. The lady (and I use the term freely) replied that she didn't care -- they had to haul the trash out by boat and didn't allow that sort of thing.

I was astounded. All of the trash fit in the two containers I had just bought from them. If we hadn't taken the beer to go, they would have had to haul that much away anyway. On top of that we had just eaten. :mad:

I am sorry. I do not believe in doing business that way. We patronized their establishment and spent our money there. We did not want to litter their dock or the river and I would think they could appreciate these things. Perhaps I ask too much.

I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER CENT AT THE BLIND RIVER BAR. I will go there for poker runs and I will get stamped. If they are lucky, I will pee in their bathrooms. I might even tolerate someone on my boat speaking kindly of the place. BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM ANOTHER CENT. Considering their attitude, I hope at least one other person that reads this goes somewhere else to eat.

I hope they are happy with their decision. :mad:

cuda 06-18-2006 08:43 PM

Re: Royal Purple Poker Run - Blind River Bar rant

You are justly pissed off. I would have been too. :mad:

zitoracing 06-18-2006 08:49 PM

i hate that you had to get treated that way on my local river but WELCOME to blind river bar that probably was the owner mary ann and she is a Bit** and she doesnt care how much money you send there she treats everyone like that she wants to sell it she is just tired of it so i hate you had to get treated like that again we get treated like that every weekend over there
Ty

X-Rated30 06-18-2006 08:50 PM

Oh yeah -- I forgot to mention -- I even tipped the bartender that sold me the beers to go. :rolleyes:

open87 06-18-2006 08:57 PM

cause you a baller like that :D :D

Jassman 06-18-2006 09:13 PM

I would have just said that's your problem, in a respectful way. Dumped my garbage in the can and left. That's part of the service when you own a restaurant, garbage. Whether the business is for sale or not, she has a duty to treat you with respect for paying patronage in her establishment. Jeff

Outkast Rafe 06-18-2006 09:33 PM

should have left all your trash in the bathroom
and not told them anything

t500hps 06-18-2006 09:47 PM

After that I'd have left it at her feet. Told her I bought the beers, not the packaging!

Outrageous 06-19-2006 07:14 AM

I have to agree, she should not have done that.

And someone should leave her a message in her trash telling her that, every time you visit.

X-Rated30 06-19-2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman
I would have just said that's your problem, in a respectful way. Dumped my garbage in the can and left. That's part of the service when you own a restaurant, garbage. Whether the business is for sale or not, she has a duty to treat you with respect for paying patronage in her establishment. Jeff

She wouldn't even let us near the trash can, and I am not the type to just leave stuff on the dock. :mad: