Baja 30OL or Sunsation32SS >

Baja 30OL or Sunsation32SS

Notices

Baja 30OL or Sunsation32SS

Old 06-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 30OL or Sunsation32SS

Greetings all. I'm brand new to your site! Would like some help on deciding which boat to purchase....30OL or Sunsation32SS. Pro's and Con's of each would be muchly appreciated. Both outfitted with 525EFI's. Also, with stepped hull on 32SS, does XR ITS do anything for speed. Any and all comments on these 2 boats, service experiences etc are welcome.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Baja 30OL or Sunsation32SS

sunsation
Old 06-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Registered

Dreamer....."To the Point" but thanks!!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a friend that just purchased a 30' OL with 496 HO's. He hit 80 mph. Also, it is a good size boat with an excellent cabin. The non-step hull feels very well as in no chine walk. I haven't ridden in a 32 Sunsation. However, I have been around several of them. They are a smaller boat for 32' long. They are a very fast boat for their size. If you want to be out on the edge, the Sunsation will get you there. If you want to be more comfortable and stable, the Baja is a very good choice. Test drive them both.

Just a side note: We did have a 32 Sunsation hit a ship wave in the Houston area about a month ago. The back in of the boat came apart and sunk immediately and the 2 occupants were rescued. This has resulted in a law suit against Sunsation.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Registered

THLWL.....points are noted. That must have been some kind of wave to do that to the boat!!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Registered

I can't speak for the Sunsation, but the Baja is a great, SOLID boat and will give you a dealer and service network that might be more convenient for you, especially with purchasing a new boat.

JMO

Chris
Old 06-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Dun Canoein..... My good friend just bought a 32SS with HO's. Drove down to Jax and rode with him in the poker run. I was VERY impressed with this boat.

IMO there is no comparison. The Sunsation is bigger and out performs the Baja. I do not know the cabin size on the 30 OL but I was surprised how large the cabin was on the 32SS.

As far as performance..... His 496HO boat will run 86 MPH. A 32SS with 525's is a 95 MPH boat.

I would buy the 32SS. Hands down.

As far as adding ITS, I can't remeber, but this was discussed on the Sunsation forums and if I recall I don't think it made a difference. I would search those forums for a more accurate response though....

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by NefariousOne; 06-17-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

Hi Chris......I hear you...Baja is a much bigger company but so far, I'm sure not impressed with their very poor response to emails etc.........actually, their "NO" response to my emails. I've had a Baja before (nice boat) but no actual experience with Sunsation but I must say, their factory reps are very helpful and easy to get in touch with.

NefariousOne....Those are pretty impressive speeds. The OL with 496's tops out at 78 max (the one I tested 76) and is supposed to do 90 with 525's and ITS drives. The cabin on the OL is good but I can't give you a comparison since I haven't seen a 32SS. Your point about the ITS on the 32SS seems to match other comments I have heard about using them on stepped hulls........waste of money (12 to 14K) but they work well on Bajas v hull. Sunsation has offered to fly me and mama bear to the factory to test one.....probably should take them up on it to help me make up my mind. Have a good one.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered

Easiest answer in a compariosn yet this year.
SUNSATION hands down in any and every category!

The 32SS is not a Dominator 32. It's a MUCH bigger boat. You won't even think about the Outlaw again once you see the SS from Sunsation..

Last edited by ZP'd; 06-17-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Registered

To me, thats like comparing Surround sound system to a transistor radio. In that size range there are plenty of boats to choose from. Im not much of a baja fan since I have had one and had nothing but major issues with it and the way it was built (granted it was a much older boat and they have made leaps and bounds in their ability to build boats)
The sunsations use a padded bottom which in the rough will give you a much rougher ride in snotty water but will be alot faster. Like everything There are trade off's. If you are looking for the fastest 30-32 boat you will have to sacrifice some amenities and rough water performance. For the buck, size and amenities, a 35 fountain might be right up your alley. Probably less expensive, faster than both, better amenities than most boats built and a dealer network that easily rivals Baja and they do call you back.
Just a thought.
J

Quick Reply: Baja 30OL or Sunsation32SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.