Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   42' Chief First Mohican...Update! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133245-42-chief-first-mohican-update.html)

Comanche3Six 12-24-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2382765)
May have to go back farther.... Remember the Party lines? :D

elkskin drums

Jassman 12-24-2007 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six (Post 2382770)
elkskin drums

LMAO

baywatch 12-24-2007 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by boatme (Post 2382691)
Semper Fi

You have a good point

The equiptment (motors, drives Hardware,trailer ect..) have good value and the hull has some as well

It will not comand the top dollor that a new boat can or that a used main stream boat would

but if someone is looking for an old school style (With steps in it) that handles like its ansestors than it may be right for that person

It is a tough sale that is for sure but there is a rear for every seat we just need to find that guy or girl

What is the current asking price of the Chief? Also, what is the weight of it the way that it is rigged (just a guesstimate to compare to old school 41's)?

I think it is a truely awesome boat and if I had some money to unload I would be looking harder. Unfortunately, I am upgrading homes at the moment and a new boat isn't in the cards for a couple years.

Best of luck to the seller. That would suck to have something so cool that you don't get a chance to use.

boatme 12-24-2007 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2382753)
Marc, what's the deal bro.... First Chief, then the Warf and and lastly Trick? :hitfan:

About the Banana, I had a convo with the man himself in Patchogue and I understand there might be a joint venture of sorts...with some of the legends....

Panther,

Good question
tis why i decided to get out of the boat stuff
actually there is more than those three that but who is counting :)

Trick job was my son not me Same story different family member LOL He also worked for a local boat company when he left Trick and got the burn as well
So he is also changed his basic customer base and is doing much better

Chief seemed like a good idea but Wow what an eye opener
and good reason to get out
The only bright spot to that was Pat at Active
I really got to like his boats and Pat isnt to bad either LOL
was best part of being involved in the Chief deal

As far as the Wharf,
I was out of there before all hell broke loose

I tried to warn off a couple of others about the Wharf after i was gone. I even took one guy to lunch to try to get him to understand he was being lied to but he didnt want to listen to me and was still drinking the kool aid, he got burned in a big way as well! Then again what do i know I am just "The all knowing king of offshore boating" LOL:cool-smiley-011:

The past owner of The Wharf is another Bill Hionis, not in jail either but bilked the banks for over 16 million in phantom boats and there is another common denominator linked to him but then again i guess i will just shut my pie hole about that

:angry-smiley-038:

It is true dont make your passion your job
I am looking forward to enjoying boating again and letting others deal with the day to day struggles of the boat industry

I am glad what i do today is a friendly small business that serves many industries from boating, to performance cars, to hunters, and many other diverse groups

I am not putting all my eggs in one basket like that again

Hope you have a great holiday season

dhlaw 12-24-2007 09:28 PM

To bust Marc's balls about the Chief situation and Mike's boat specifically shows how little you actually know about the transaction. Marc worked his ass off to get Mike his boat after a year of BS from the builders. Mike has the patience of a saint.......

boatme 12-24-2007 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by dhlaw (Post 2382807)
To bust Marc's balls about the Chief situation and Mike's boat specifically shows how little you actually know about the transaction. Marc worked his ass off to get Mike his boat after a year of BS from the builders. Mike has the patience of a saint.......

Brett,
without your help and advice we probably would still be trying to get him his boat

I am not sure i ever fully thanked you for your wisdom and insight during that time

Thanks so much for all your help

Happy holidays to you and your family

Nauti Kitty 12-24-2007 10:30 PM

True. I apologize for that part of my comments. I know a fair amount about the transaction and was out of line for commenting. NK

Semper Fi 12-24-2007 10:41 PM

COUNSELOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you around buddy!!!! :)

Semper Fi 12-24-2007 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty (Post 2382842)
True. I apologize for that part of my comments. I know a fair amount about the transaction and was out of line for commenting. NK

Now we can all be one happy family............after we kill GOODT :):angry-smiley-038::evilb::hitfan:

PhantomChaos 12-24-2007 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi (Post 2382697)
ahhhhhhhhhh Nort, you carck me up! Happy holidays to you and your family! ...and all of OSO

G-

Looks like a huge pile of bondo! :D Come on! We are nearing 2010 (okay......we are at 2008). The technology should be HUGE!!!!!!! Otherwise, don't bother to introduce a "new boat" to the offshore family!! We're not in the 80's anymore!!!!!

I wish you guys a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!