Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   You Want "real Offshore" You Got It!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133317-you-want-real-offshore-you-got.html)

cosmic12 06-21-2006 03:35 PM

Re: You Want "real Offshore" You Got It!!!

get the speed channel on it . WOW this is great :evilb:

Son of a Gun 06-21-2006 03:42 PM

Should be a good opportunity for all brands to show what they're made of. What a great idea.

Top Banana 06-21-2006 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Maximus
TOP BANNANA ...I think your right there are some GREAT racers smiling down. I suspect there are some a**'s clinching about now as well :)

Do you think we could get some of classics together to have a "vintage class" ?

I will do everything I can to promote this to our organization. Hope we can get some West coast members to show up and
represent us. www.historicraceboats.com

I plan on being there, anyone have any connections for a chopper?

Remember when this was the norm in racing?

Steamin Rice 06-21-2006 03:49 PM

This wil be a great weekend for offshore boating in SoCal :drink:

Top Banana 06-21-2006 04:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Offshoreonly will be there to cover the event. This is one of the nicest boating areas I have ever been to and Catalina is a very nice place to visit.

There is a lot of history with this race, it was always fun to compete in such a beautiful locale.

The So Cal people always knew how to party too!!

Maximus 06-21-2006 04:28 PM

WOW.... BANANA that stuff is COOL.............ANY MORE?

cuda 06-21-2006 04:37 PM

I'd pay to watch that too. That's what I love, the old school real ocean racing. I don't know why the hell they can't get something like this going on the east coast. A Ft Liquordale to Bimini and back would be interesting, especially if the gulfstream gets it's back up. :eek: :cool:

blume 06-21-2006 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
we have the capability of making it live on the internet, it will be costly but possible.

ya'll can do it.....

cuda 06-21-2006 04:40 PM

Now that I think of it, they should have the PCL (Pacific Coast League) run the Catalina race, and the ACL (Atlantic Coast League) run the Bimini run, then the two winners face off somwhere in the Great Lakes. I'm sure they have an island out there somewhere they could race to an back. It would be the Superbowl of Superboats. :cool:

Top Banana 06-21-2006 05:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Maximus
WOW.... BANANA that stuff is COOL.............ANY MORE?

The KING of the patch jacket was Bob Nordskog......he had patches on top of patches, you couldn't even see what material the jacket was made of.

Every race organization gave you a patch when you entered. I kept a lot, and lost a lot over the years, but ended up with some nice memories.

Here are some more from the west coast.