lake erie jet ski accident >

lake erie jet ski accident

Notices

lake erie jet ski accident

Old 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: lake erie jet ski accident

wtf, this is lake erie we are talking about, why did the jet ski have to be so close to the boat, I thik there is enough water to go around!!!! I personally would have no remorse if a jet skiier cut me off and I ran them over. people riding those things have no consideration for anyone else on the water!!!!!!! I almost toasted one last year, I was doing about 60 and passing a jet ski on the river, the jet ski (without looking) just did a hard left turn and spun out right in front of me. they had the nerve to start yelling at me like I did something wrong.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hugetime1
wtf, this is lake erie we are talking about, why did the jet ski have to be so close to the boat, I thik there is enough water to go around!!!! I personally would have no remorse if a jet skiier cut me off and I ran them over. people riding those things have no consideration for anyone else on the water!!!!!!! I almost toasted one last year, I was doing about 60 and passing a jet ski on the river, the jet ski (without looking) just did a hard left turn and spun out right in front of me. they had the nerve to start yelling at me like I did something wrong.

Ilike to aim for them. Its good target practice.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Registered

"Lake Flies" Niccee, They seem to pop up out of no where and power boats attract them like stink on s___. A few years ago we were hanging out in the cockpit of a 53' Hatteras Sportfish, and this dumbazz who was apparently trying to spray us all, lost controll, crashed the ski into the transom, which then flipped up into the cockpit, landing on the ski driver, thus breaking his leg, of course we had to carry him to the hospital.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
"Lake Flies" Niccee, They seem to pop up out of no where and power boats attract them like stink on s___. A few years ago we were hanging out in the cockpit of a 53' Hatteras Sportfish, and this dumbazz who was apparently trying to spray us all, lost controll, crashed the ski into the transom, which then flipped up into the cockpit, landing on the ski driver, thus breaking his leg, of course we had to carry him to the hospital.

Finders keepers on the ski.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Registered

The jetskiers should HAVE to pass some sort of state approved licensing BEFORE they can even buy one! It truely can take alot of fun out of boating having to constantly be watching out for all of the inconsiderate jetskiers!

I'm very sorry for the 2 people that died. My prayers out to them and thier families.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
The jetskiers should HAVE to pass some sort of state approved licensing BEFORE they can even buy one! It truely can take alot of fun out of boating having to constantly be watching out for all of the inconsiderate jetskiers!

I'm very sorry for the 2 people that died. My prayers out to them and thier families.
Just like a drivers test, they don't measure common sense. Most of these type incidents are Darwinism at work.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Registered

Darwinism
Old 06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Apple a day
I like to call jet skiers lake flies.
Personally, I prefer "Lake Lice".
Old 06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

Yeah, but figuring that not all of them will pass the test. We need something to make it a little more difficult to get out on the water with a jetski that'll do 70 MPH! Especially for the people who never have been on the water before! Anyone can walk into a jetski dealer with some cash (or credit) and be riding today without a stitch of experience.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formula1

In NY they have to have a 10hr safety course and pass a written test to operate a pwc according to the "LAW" or you will get a ticket or a slap on the hand.

In that course it says every other boat on the lake has the right of way over a pwc....just my .02

Quick Reply: lake erie jet ski accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.