Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed Racer calling Reggie! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133448-speed-racer-calling-reggie.html)

epeek 06-22-2006 10:09 PM

Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Originally Posted by bjlesl
. On a striaght up race Reg would get his wig handed to him. Now I'd pay to see that.

Well thats subjective.are we talkin a smooth as glass
drag race, or 6 footers for a 10 mile run?

the duke 06-22-2006 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by fastandfriendly
Is there anyway that I could get the raw footage so that I can edit the real version?

Why don't you tell us piece by piece where in the video Reggie edited it? Reggie's video is up, so now tell YOUR side of it.

Ms PatriYacht 06-22-2006 10:15 PM

IMHO which boat is really faster is beside the point, the fact that a major boat company would come to a "pleasure" poker run and then fire off a press release i.e. "bragging, self serving, company written article" that they beat one of the entrants is soooooo unprofessional Sounds like S.R. came to the PR to stretch his legs and have some fun and then later found out that Fountain claimed a victory over them, in a race they did not know they entered.

With all the KW bull chit I often wondered why Reggie did not use his influence to get JC to allow all organizations to race since it would be better for the sport, but then I realized it would be more competition for Fountain and it appears being the big fish in a small pond is more apealing than fair competition :(

Fanatic 06-22-2006 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by bjlesl
Hello Gentlemen. Your right Reggie is probably laughing at this big media monster he started. But, the funny thing is I just sold my boat to make room for a newer faster one. And with all this B.S. he (Reggie) started it'll save me the trip that my dealer was taken me on to see the factory. There's no way in hell I'll own a beak. Also think about the what he's trying to sell you. A cat is way more effiecent than a v-hull (I'm still going to buy a v-hull more than likely). On a striaght up race Reg would get his wig handed to him. Now I'd pay to see that.

Sure you were going to buy a Fountain..
Sure. http://www.boatmad.com/forum/images/...likeadrain.gif

mikes280 06-22-2006 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
so is it a race or not? you say it isn't, then you say it is... :drink:

you are right i did what i mean't was lotto is short like a drag race not topend run in other words the v might be able to give them a good run do to how quick it is .but to answer you no it is not a race

Byrdman 06-22-2006 10:22 PM

What a bunch of cry babies......

Fanatic 06-22-2006 10:23 PM

Dear Speed Racer,

I'm glad you liked the publicity as Fountains attract that attention, so please enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

That was all the raw footage, well all the raw footage with you in view. The rest of the footage just shows us out far out front.
It would probabaly be better if you filmed a clean boat after all our rooster tail soaked your ride.

While I am sure you would like more attention which you seem to crave we don't have any plans on going to the Ozarks' shootout.
Besides we can see how well Speed Racer did when Rio and Speed ran from the complete stop.

I must say you take meticulous care of your boat, the bow was shining in my rear view mirror as you disappeared from view...

Btw: The only cat that seems to go down was yours...

Catbuster and Master of Speed, Reggie :evilb:

bmanafort 06-22-2006 10:23 PM

Bottom line is that Reggie kicked some serious butt and it sounds like some people are upset. Any deep vee that gives a cat a run for its money has a lot of respect in my eyes.

Byrdman 06-22-2006 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fanatic
Speed didn't seem to have any problem going 140-150 mph plus did he?
Speed didn't mind trying to race Rio now did he?

If he wasn't prepared he shouldn't have tried.
Just watch the video.

I agree...speed racer was racing and got beat....big deal....go try it again...don't sit here and say...I was not turned up....YEA RIGHT....i did not know it was on....YEA RIGHT...pleeeeze.....he had professional driver and t man...pleeeeze....get it together man :evilb:

Byrdman 06-22-2006 10:27 PM

how come all you guys from loto can not take the heat :evilb: