Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed Racer calling Reggie! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133448-speed-racer-calling-reggie.html)

vagrant 06-23-2006 07:22 AM

Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

I thought a race had bouys (not no wake markers) and was a sanctioned event :drink:

Airpacker 06-23-2006 07:24 AM

The whole thing stinks. It would be like John Force bringing a top fuel funny car to the local drag strip Saturday night, beating up on the street racers and then bragging to the world about how baddass his car is. Good Grief, what a way to promote your product.

Did Reggie announce ahead of time that he would be bringing his "Cat Killer" to the poker run. Did he throw out an OPEN challenge to any and all cat owners and tell them he would beat all comers? NOPE, because someone would have accepted the challenge and brought a RACE boat to run against him.

Sean 06-23-2006 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Thats next on his agenda.P.S. i heard it first hand ;)

was this before, or after you smooched his pickle :)

skopi55 06-23-2006 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
IMHO which boat is really faster is beside the point, the fact that a major boat company would come to a "pleasure" poker run and then fire off a press release i.e. "bragging, self serving, company written article" that they beat one of the entrants is soooooo unprofessional Sounds like S.R. came to the PR to stretch his legs and have some fun and then later found out that Fountain claimed a victory over them, in a race they did not know they entered.

With all the KW bull chit I often wondered why Reggie did not use his influence to get JC to allow all organizations to race since it would be better for the sport, but then I realized it would be more competition for Fountain and it appears being the big fish in a small pond is more apealing than fair competition :(

God forbid someone talked a little trash on OSO and said that they whipped someone's tail. I'm pretty sure it happens everyday on here, just so happens to be the president of a major high performance boat company. My hat's off to him for backing up what he spews out his mouth.

The point here is Rio Roses is EXTREMELY fast, it looks like he whipped Speed Racer, and was first to the card stop. (I'm sure that Speed Racer wasn't trying to be first to the stop as well! As I know he's much happier taking second or whatever place!)

waterbum 06-23-2006 07:43 AM

Why do threads that get started by trolls get so much attention? Because he / she is good and knows how to rile up the masses. Could someone please do some investigation on where this fastandfriendly is located and their agenda? Oh yea, I forgot, trolls don't have an agenda. Their purpose in life is to generate passionate arguments, stoke the fire a little if it starts to die down, sit back and get a good laugh.

Kudos to you fastandfriendly. Well done.

Some of you guys get way too worked up over something you have no contol over. Let it go. It was just a Poker Run with a marketing stunt thrown in for good measure.

Carry on - sorry for the interruption.

OSO 06-23-2006 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by waterbum
Why do threads that get started by trolls get so much attention? Because he / she is good and knows how to rile up the masses. Could someone please do some investigation on where this fastandfriendly is located and their agenda? Oh yea, I forgot, trolls don't have an agenda. Their purpose in life is to generate passionate arguments, stoke the fire a little if it starts to die down, sit back and get a good laugh.

Kudos to you fastandfriendly. Well done.

Some of you guys get way too worked up over something you have no contol over. Let it go. It was just a Poker Run with a marketing stunt thrown in for good measure.

Carry on - sorry for the interruption.

Excuse me but this person is hardly a troll, they are a well respected person in the boating community. He clearly states who he is and where he is from. In fact, he has purchased a membership which means he has disclosed his identity.

blume 06-23-2006 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
No problem, Remember SR was just there for a poker run not a press release story like Reggie.

it's all BS.....Ya'lls MTI mentor was in the Bar telling anyone that would listen and talking to Little R on the cell phone that he had to go get some sleep because he had to out run his Daddy in the morning....every MTI knew Reggie would be there.....SOOO was the mentor talking about out running him in Eddie's boat or in the Baddest MTI that was there?????
LOOK AT OSO"S JACKSONVILLE VIDEO......OHHHH last years loto???speed racer's speed was 153 or was it 156mph???

OSO 06-23-2006 07:50 AM

Here you go!

This video brought to you by Fountain Powerboats and Creative Television

For more information visit www.fountainpowerboats.com and www.creativetelevision.com

Catkiller Video

offshoredrillin 06-23-2006 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by blume
it's all BS.....Ya'lls MTI mentor was in the Bar telling anyone that would listen and talking to Little R on the cell phone that he had to go get some sleep because he had to out run his Daddy in the morning....every MTI knew Reggie would be there.....SOOO was the mentor talking about out running him in Eddie's boat or in the Baddest MTI that was there?????
LOOK AT OSO"S JACKSONVILLE VIDEO......OHHHH last years loto???speed racer's speed was 153 or was it 156mph???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gsmith9898 06-23-2006 07:58 AM

This was a advertisment campaign, and a good one at that. It is a very fast boat no matter what anyone wants to admit. Is it fast than ANY cat that has equal power and weight? I don't think so. But still it is good for sales. I don't get upset when mc donalds starts a new commercial saying they have the BEST cheesburger. When I'm drunk , I'll eat at mcdonalds and enjoy it but when I want to get serious. I'm going to goldies. :D