Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Notices

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Old 06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
NRG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

And being a Fountain owner, YOU should think that what he did was irresponsible. Just imagine the lawsuit that would follow if the Roses boat ran over and killed a family in their 19' Bayliner.
Sorry, but i am willing to bet that the fountain boat would be much safer and better operated than the 19' bayliner. And about the lawuit, it's his company and he is doing what he does best...getting everyone to think, write and talk fountain.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by NRG
. And about the lawuit, it's his company and he is doing what he does best...getting everyone to think, write and talk fountain.
Actually, its not "his". Fountain is a public company FPB
Old 06-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes....where was the challange...and where were all these no wake zones they blew through...i just watched the video again....looks pretty clean to me....who started the no wake bs.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by the duke
It seems from the BOGUS SR cockpit pictures that he was running at 170. IN AN OPEN BOAT. Now he needs to tell his secret about how he did that at 4500 and 5500 RPM on his motors.
It could just be me, but if I back off the throttles in the cat, even for a second, the RPM's surely drop but the speed remains the same 'til gravity/friction or more throttle take over.

Maybe that's what happened and also made it "feel" like the best time to shoot the photo..........
Old 06-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I didn't edit the video. Were did you get that from...I am not even associated with Fountain. Nice 1st post by the way...you will probably hide behind the keyboard like so many other wannabe's too. I just agreed with Ed's post and a lot of people on here act totally childish by attacking a person's looks....me saying that and agreeing with Ed C's post is not acting cocky.
I should have read my post closer before hitting the lil button , when I was referring to "you" I meant "Reggie" ... the only reason you were involved at all was your comment about childish comments.... since mine was, I figured I would head you off at the pass... my apologies for implicating you in this scandal

PS... I dont hide, and you can come to expect smartass comments to be the majority of my posts... see I'm 2 for 2... no RBI's yet tho
Old 06-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Registered

I have seen all the comments and agree to some extent, but when you go to a Fun Run or Poker Run, you will have your best equipment there. If you think for one minute that it is not a race to some extent, then you are crazy. At every poker run, there is a race of some sort somewhere in the pack.
I would not even consider going to a poker run, unprepared and expect that the other boats are not gunning.
Live in the Real World.
It is not a race, but who does not want to show off their equipment if they have the chance?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
It could just be me, but if I back off the throttles in the cat, even for a second, the RPM's surely drop but the speed remains the same 'til gravity/friction or more throttle take over.

Maybe that's what happened and also made it "feel" like the best time to shoot the photo..........
Yes, I know how a Cat reacts to off throttle, but if you read the guy's post, he is saying that the pictures were taken while they were on the gas. Those pictures look to me more like someone was playing with the recall buttons, which is not to say that SR can't run 170, because I'm sure she can, but that she wasn't running 170 at the time the poster claims.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CMG
No not the IHBA 0-100mph race at the end, the offshore race boat portion in the middle where both boats are going balls to the wall.
Which is totally irrelevant to the question I was ASKING. Here let me help you out since reading comprehension isn't your strongest point.

The guy said at NO time was the Fountain ahead, no advantage ever. I then pointed out in the video the Fountain ran away from the cat froma stop when they were both side by side. See his quotes below.

I can say without a doubt, that there was at NO time any advantage in favor or the Rio Roses boat. So much in fact that the only time the boat was ever ahead of the Speed Racer boat, was in the "No Wake" Zones when Randy (SpeedRacer) was obeying the Laws of the Water..

Like I said, I can honestly say that there was absolutly no advantage at ANY point by the Fountain, at any point up untill the blower belt failure on the motor. Unless your talking about in the No wake Zone. And and as sad as it is, the Speed Racer boat will not maintain 170mph on just one Sterling, thus ending the idea of playing for the rest of the day.

Considering each time the boats lined up, the Fountain was left back in the wake, It was more of saying..."What would have happened if it was turned up, and on the big props, then how bad would it have been?"
Originally Posted by CMG
Now go get the taste of balls out of your mouth - its making you testy
Sounds like the voice of experience...

I wouldn't know about "sucking on balls" so I'll leave that to you.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F-32
when I was referring to "you" I meant "Reggie" ...
Huh? Dude, I am NOT Reggie!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

I believe Rio was still in the "No Wake" area at that holeshot time.

I am in the Yellow 42' FOUNTAIN in the background and that was my perspective.

Quick Reply: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.