Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed Racer calling Reggie! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133448-speed-racer-calling-reggie.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-26-2006 03:38 PM

Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Originally Posted by TSPM
TY Sharkey :drink:

Just so I am clear, I am not referring to when the Fountain obviously got on plane much easier than the cat.

I am referring to the earlier start. I just watched it again. What you can see is that the background was moving then suddenly stops! Watch the land in the background..... ;)

lowblue320 06-26-2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Just so I am clear, I am not referring to when the Fountain obviously got on plane much easier than the cat.

I am referring to the earlier start. I just watched it again. What you can see is that the background was moving then suddenly stops! Watch the land in the background..... ;)

wow good eye.......

lowblue320 06-26-2006 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by E.A.
Yes,

After the fountian video "cuts". we came up on plane and started the "catch back up process"

You see where the fountain video cuts off correct... right as they are turning... with a nice slow bank to the right.

Now do you see the photo on the main page of this site, where we are right at the tail of them. How did we get there you ask???? Well...

That is what would have been seen if the video would have continued... and then if it would have went farther, you would have seen us passing them, and staying out in front until, SR throttled back down for the next no wake zone.

(As far as the photo being bogus)
I don't know what to tell ya.... yes the water was pretty smooth, but sorry to say there was still many reasons to lift.... traffic, water conditions, small currents. When she was going 165+ she was pretty much flying at that point, and Randy was being very very safe with all of us riding with him, and not having harness or any gear. So no it was not pinned all the time. So the motors were up and down a good mount of times. Yes the boat felt very secure and safe.... but lets be real here.... it was 174! Mph at the point of one of the photos.

Here is another photo of the dash durring the run, sorry that I didn't post this one the first time, cause it was burry....(shaky hands trying to get the shot, while still holding on) I didn't think anyone would be caring about what the Tachs really said, or even thinking I would put a bogus photo up.

http://www.houseofboost.com/temp/DSCN2227_resize.JPG

Hope that helps. Sorry like I said, that I didn't put that one up the first time. You can clearly see one motor at nearly 7,000 and the other at 6,200 who knows why the one was biting harder or what, maybe we crossed a wake or something, I don't know. I was just taking photos, and enjoying the ride of a lifetime.

EA

the funny thing I just saw the video and they said that the boat (sr) was running unstable but I dont think so I really believe if it is stable enough to take a pic its pretty stable.

cobrapower 06-26-2006 07:46 PM

I was at Jacksonville behind Speed Racer and Reggie!
Here are the facts:

1) I saw Reggie take off way too early from the start. Most boats were just coming through the swinging train bridge. Reggie was way in front without any other boats around. He hit the throttles before the fireboats. Most waited until we passed fireboat salute. Reggie had a huge lead BUT THE CATS CAUGHT UP AND HUNTED HIS A$$ DOWN IN NO TIME!

2) Reggie did not slow down for any No Wake Zones or through bridges. This was a poker run not a race. Remember we are trying not to cause any new problems in this sport. Reggis forgot this!

3) Speed Racer PASSED Reggies boat with room to spare at around 170 mph.

4) Three other passengers in my boat witnessed the exact same thing.

If you were up front in a boat, keep your opinion to yourself.

Signed,
LOOSE CANNON 36' NORTECH SUPERCAT

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-26-2006 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by lowblue320
wow good eye.......

Thanks ;)

Now why do they not want to reveal who was out in front of both of them? :confused:

There is obviously a 3rd wake there at the time they say, "We sucked them up" there was another boat in front of the Fountain boat to their port. By the looks of the wash it was no bass boat. Take another close look at SR footage. They repeated the same shot twice. Once before the Fountain and again after the Fountain...... :eek: You will see a bass boat there that they pass.

jordy 06-26-2006 07:51 PM

Perhaps Reggie will hop in the "helicopta" and show up at LOTO, then again, he might have an appointment with his barba to get his har did that day. :D :D :D

What a ridiculous video. But the point was made, it does have everyone talking and there is no such thing as bad publicity. :rolleyes:

Charley 06-26-2006 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Huh? :rolleyes: Dude, I am NOT Reggie!

Good Lord I'm misunderstood :D

In post #310 you stated

"A lot of you are totally childish. Thanks for a great post Ed."

In post #313 I responded and please let me re-post here and replace the word "YOU" with the person I was referring too who is "REGGIE"... I know you are two different people

ps: sorry Fevermike but when Reggie(originally referred as "you") consistently acts that cocky in public, then have the balls to hire a video crew to film you talking like that, then edit it, and release it as a promo, you(referring to Reggie) ask for some ribbing.... I think Roy's (Im being a smartass implying Orbison,reggie's look alike) accomplishments are very impressive, I just don't personally respond favorably to his marketing crap

I'm truly sorry for all the confusion I will try not to post again while drinking domestic beer :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-26-2006 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by cobrapower
I was at Jacksonville behind Speed Racer and Reggie!

If you were up front in a boat, keep your opinion to yourself.

Signed,
LOOSE CANNON 36' NORTECH SUPERCAT

Personaly, I think the guys up front would know what happened, so I would like to hear from them.... :drink:

I was just giving my take on how I viewed this fictional mini series.... :D :D :D

ToTheMax 06-26-2006 08:08 PM

This could possibly be the best thread of the year!!

So I feel I should put in my two cents, although it probably has been said already...

Yes, I'm only 26, and I'm still in school after almost 22 years (going to be a chiropractor this fall) but I've been around boats all my life, and I've studied how v-hulls and cats behave, from full-tilt running, to stand-still. The video clip shows RR accelerating visciously compared to SR. But this is expected...v-hulls will always hop on plane faster than cats, and given that they both have equal power, RR will dominate off the line. But after a while, with SR riding on that cushion of air and throwing back an impressive wake, it'll take on RR and beat it for top end. Sure, they claim RR is a 180 mph boat. But I'm sure if SR was set up similarly (ie closed canopy, no amenities), it'll clean RR's clock. It comes down to physics of the catamaran on water vs the v-hull. less surface area touching the water per unit of power will equal greater top end. I love boats of all kinds, from sail to power, cats to vees, but it's quite aggressive to call a v-hull a "cat killer". I'm sure at most any poker run in north america, there will be average cats running 100 maybe 120 with stock power. Yes, RR will "kill" these cats, but in all truth its a race boat.

what they need is a showdown between Bacardi Silver and RR. Two legititmate race boats (if this was run last year, then both boats would be equally powered...is it still the same this year? I'm not sure)

Then again, I would love to see RR against Bill Tomlinson's My Way...That would absolutely incredible!

Racegirl3 06-26-2006 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Charley
I'm truly sorry for all the confusion I will try not to post again while drinking domestic beer :D

I understood ya the first time ... must be cuz all my friends drink domestic and Im used to deciphering :drink: