Speed Racer calling Reggie! >

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Notices

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Old 06-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

"Fastest boat in the world"...Nice quote from the vid..

I wonder what the lil bass boat coming up to the bridge thought when RR came through it at full gallop?? FWIW, bridges are no wake zones in Fl. ESPECIALY when a boat is approaching from the other side..

Nice promo video.. Lot's of BS, lots of interesting angles on the shots, and I don't know, did I ever actually see them pass SR other than when they jumped on a plane??
Old 06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
"Fastest boat in the world"...Nice quote from the vid..

I wonder what the lil bass boat coming up to the bridge thought when RR came through it at full gallop?? FWIW, bridges are no wake zones in Fl. ESPECIALY when a boat is approaching from the other side..

Nice promo video.. Lot's of BS, lots of interesting angles on the shots, and I don't know, did I ever actually see them pass SR other than when they jumped on a plane??
Not all bridges in Florida are no wake zones. There are 2 in Tampa and all of them in Sarasota that I know were you can go under at speed. However most of the Intracoastal Waterway has a speed limit of 30mph...yep look at the sign next time...so everyone in the whole poker run is busted!

Anyway, my take on all this is it's good PR and these threads about Rio and Speed sure have got a lot of people to sign up to OSO and has given us all something to talk about regardless of who agrees and disagree's.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Just so I am clear, I am not referring to when the Fountain obviously got on plane much easier than the cat.

I am referring to the earlier start. I just watched it again. What you can see is that the background was moving then suddenly stops! Watch the land in the background.....

god damn your good
Old 06-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

at 3:25 in the video lower right corner... u can see SR wake... in front of RR it looks like whn the passenger took the pic from ahead of RR
Old 06-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
I understood ya the first time ... must be cuz all my friends drink domestic and Im used to deciphering
Finally someone who understands me.... never would have guessed it would be a girl
Old 06-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

How do you even dream up a stunt like this? Where is the inspiration?

"So I was on my way into the office this morning when at a stop light this fat kid and his mom pull up next to me ---on a moped. The light turned green, I floored it and left them in the dust! (Because you know we have the technology to see behind us when going forward (aka mirrors). Hmmmm....how can we apply this to a high speed marine environment???"

Old 06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Originally Posted by damdonzi
How do you even dream up a stunt like this? Where is the inspiration?

"So I was on my way into the office this morning when at a stop light this fat kid and his mom pull up next to me ---on a moped. The light turned green, I floored it and left them in the dust! (Because you know we have the technology to see behind us when going forward (aka mirrors). Hmmmm....how can we apply this to a high speed marine environment???"

are you a fat dude on a moped???? what were you driving, make your point.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My point was that bringing a race boat to a poker run was on par with a car racing a moped.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasn't Reggie....It was his Stunt Double.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back4More
It wasn't Reggie....It was his Stunt Double.

That's how they get all the speed out of the fountain. If Reggie isn't in the boat, then they don't have to drag around all the gold chains

Quick Reply: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.