Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out? >

Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out?

Notices
View Poll Results: You think Reggie will show and who do you think would win, Speed Racer or Rio Roses
show
9.20%
no show
70.40%
Speed Racer
43.20%
Rio Roses
19.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out?

Old 06-23-2006, 03:40 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out?

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Here you go!

This video brought to you by Fountain Powerboats and Creative Television

For more information visit www.fountainpowerboats.com and www.creativetelevision.com

Catkiller Video

saw the video - just never saw where the Fountain passed Speed Racer never mind blew away.(some real creative editting though) Out of the hole it pulled away buts its a V verses a cat - My old 87mph 1989 311 would blow the doors off my buddy's 100mph cat out of the hole - I guess I should have put that in an ad - beats 100MPH boats

Last edited by CMG; 06-23-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dfealy
If you and the Skater were "Racing" down the river and you won, you would have bragging rights. The only one who thought there was a race here was the Fountain. Dont' you need more than 1 to compete to claim you won? I would imagine if Speed Racer knew he was in a race against the Fountain the PR video may have not looked the same

Please watch the video. After SR got dusted during the first leg of the run ( and he did get dusted), he pulled up to the Fountain. You have to know SR wanted some of Reggie's boat. It is very clear again that when they took off SR was second again. Its kinda like if was was to blow by you on the highway in my z06, then meet up with you at the next stoplight in town, what you gonna do, you will try to run it again. Race or no race, sanctioned or not, Reggie does have bragging rights for now.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
Please watch the video. After SR got dusted during the first leg of the run ( and he did get dusted), he pulled up to the Fountain. You have to know SR wanted some of Reggie's boat. It is very clear again that when they took off SR was second again. Its kinda like if was was to blow by you on the highway in my z06, then meet up with you at the next stoplight in town, what you gonna do, you will try to run it again. Race or no race, sanctioned or not, Reggie does have bragging rights for now.
If your Z06 was caught pulling away from an indy car at a stop light and chevy used the video to promote the Z06 being an "indy car killer" they too would be just as laughed at and hold no more bragging rights than Fountain does in this well edited PR video. By the way being a car guy I love the Z06.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you and the Skater were "Racing" down the river and you won, you would have bragging rights. The only one who thought there was a race here was the Fountain. Dont' you need more than 1 to compete to claim you won? I would imagine if Speed Racer knew he was in a race against the Fountain the PR video may have not looked the same
Your kidding rigth? You think speed racer a nationaly known bad ass cat would just whatch a V hull drive by. Oh I'am running 159 thats fast enough. Why punch it up to 170 just to pass this little fountain.My millon dollar boat dosn't have anything to prove.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:29 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't' you need more than 1 to compete to claim you won?
After seeing what Reggie did in the Key West Worlds, I guess not.....

Idle over the start line alone, turn back without completing one lap and is named the World Champion in Super Vee Unlimited!

How can anyone doubt that he is the master in marketing?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-24-2006, 07:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
Your kidding rigth? You think speed racer a nationaly known bad ass cat would just whatch a V hull drive by. Oh I'am running 159 thats fast enough. Why punch it up to 170 just to pass this little fountain.My millon dollar boat dosn't have anything to prove.
I think he "played" the game to a certain point, but wasnt there realizing he was part of an advertising campaign.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Registered

I dont know what to think anymore...... I have heard all of the cat guys talk about the 170-180mph runs blah blah blah, yet never see it. Where was Ballistic and the 220mph that I was told it would do?? In fact I got some physical threats from a few choice rednecks over doubting that it would run 200mph!! I heard stories about 180 mph Skaters but was there and never saw it happen. I think that there is alot of talk about putting up big numbers but only a select few actually do it, Callan and JT&DS...... I think Reggie just caught them with their pants down. I also will say that local knowledge of the first leg of Jax makes all of the difference to getting there first. I remember Beckley whipping everyones ass a few years ago in a little Skater because he knew where to go.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Here you go!

This video brought to you by Fountain Powerboats and Creative Television

For more information visit www.fountainpowerboats.com and www.creativetelevision.com

Catkiller Video
WOW, i knew reggie was a tool after KW, but sounds like an a##hole also. I hope this stunt bites him in the a$$ someday.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered

I think that Reggie caught them with there pants down, he went there prepared to run hard (testing tuning and ready for top end) so that being said, if he is the cat killer he should run sr again ( He dusted him so called) he clearly stated he was the world fastest I think he should let the guy he dusted get ready and the run him. In my eyes thats fair after he beats the PLEASURE cat he should compare apples to apples and run a race EQUAL POWER CAT so that he can prove he is the world fastes not just claim the fame. Now if he doesnt and after what happened in the keys I would believe he wont let this happen becuase lets just say he looses (HUGE CHANCE) they are gonna film, only becuase he will be dealt the same card , what do you think that will make THE LEGENED look like.....you decide. The reason for my post is if I traned everyday to go against hollyfield (REGGIE) I know what im going against but if I just traned to maybe go against what I usually see in the gym(other poker run boats out to have fun not to prove that they can beat a cat or that becuase they beat me they are the world fastest) I might not of traned that hard, therfore I might feel I dont need to do so..SR Im sure wasnt ready ( testing and tuning over and over again so that when they video tape them whooping my asz it wont look that bad) but if he was like so many people claim, REGGIE THE MAN should dust him again If he knows for sure there shouldn't be in any danger unless he knows something that we all dont....

Last edited by lowblue320; 06-25-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Like I have always said, "Talk god about me, talk bad about me, just talk about me"

Quick Reply: Will Reggie and Rio Roses show up at LOTO Shoot Out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.