Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ben Robertson question.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133502-ben-robertson-question.html)

FeverMike 06-25-2006 10:09 PM

Re: Ben Robertson question....

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
...he wanted to put beaks on Cig's and design them so the sunpad is at water level...

Well after climbing back on a 47 Fountain from the water this weekend and watching some friends try to hoist themselves back up on a 42 Tiger I'll take the transom of the Fountain anyday.

FeverMike 06-25-2006 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by epeek
...He wanted to work for a boat manufacturer whos goal is to
build the best and fastest V bottoms in the world....that actually
compete in racing. Not a glorified CLOTHING company. ;)

:eek: Now that's some funny stuff right there! :eek: :drink:

US1 Fountain 06-25-2006 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
...he wanted to put beaks on Cig's and design them so the sunpad is at water level...

Now that's just a crazy concept. But I like it :p

FeverMike 06-25-2006 10:14 PM

So is Ben back in his shop in Jacksonville SC? All during the 2000 and some of the 2001 APBA season I was a tech inspector and Ben was awesome to deal with. I spoke with Ben and the Miami show last. I have been to Ben's shop in SC before and I go by there on my way to Charleston for business a few times a year.

pm203 06-25-2006 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by epeek
...He wanted to work for a boat manufacturer whos goal is to
build the best and fastest V bottoms in the world....that actually
compete in racing. Not a glorified CLOTHING company. ;)

While it,s true that Fountain has some of the best V bottoms out there, it,s also too bad that the glorified CLOTHING company buids a much better boat than your lower quality high production beak machines.:D

Fast 1 06-26-2006 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
So is Ben back in his shop in Jacksonville SC? All during the 2000 and some of the 2001 APBA season I was a tech inspector and Ben was awesome to deal with. I spoke with Ben and the Miami show last. I have been to Ben's shop in SC before and I go by there on my way to Charleston for business a few times a year.

I spoke with Ben last night as he was transporting his last load of belongings to the shop in Jacksonboro which he will call home base once again. Ben left Cigarette in April and since then has enjoyed (perhaps too much !!!) being unemployed!! He doesn't work for Fountain but he and Reggie maintain their friendship and he's on call to drive whenever needed. One of his other ventures now is handling the sales and distribution for Herring Propellers.
One thing for sure - - Ben will always be involved with fast boats and racing.

SinkorSwim 06-26-2006 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fast 1
I spoke with Ben last night as he was transporting his last load of belongings to the shop in Jacksonboro which he will call home base once again. Ben left Cigarette in April and since then has enjoyed (perhaps too much !!!) being unemployed!! He doesn't work for Fountain but he and Reggie maintain their friendship and he's on call to drive whenever needed. One of his other ventures now is handling the sales and distribution for Herring Propellers.

Thank you

epeek 06-26-2006 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by pm203
While it,s true that Fountain has some of the best V bottoms out there, it,s also too bad that the glorified CLOTHING company buids a much better boat than your lower quality high production beak machines.:D

Why doyou have to be so hurtful ? :D

Back4More 06-26-2006 02:11 PM

One should get what they pay for...

FeverMike 06-26-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fast 1

That's great, tell Ben I said Hi!
Mike Carter